Beginners and Beyond

Happy St. Nicholas Day Tuesday Penguins (Read 7 times)

GinnyinPA

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

GinnyinPA

We have a 'wintry mix' outside right now - mostly rain but a little graupel as well. If it continues all day, I'll either do a rest day or cross training. Ben got his walk, but it was a bit faster paced than usual. He wanted to go home too.

Singer who runs a smidge

I'm not ready for wintry mixes yet!!  I should've worn a hat and gloves this morning, but didn't even think about it.  Well, that's only about my fifth instance of idiocy today, so it looks like that's how today will go. 

So Dusty has developed quite a case of car anxiety from having his paws cut and then being taken to the vet.  He basically just crawls into the floorboard and pants and shakes.  We gave him melatonin before taking him down to my folks for Thanksgiving, and I think it helped a little, but he was definitely still stressed.  I ordered him a Thundershirt, which came in yesterday.  We put it on him for a few minutes this morning, and he basically decided he shouldn't move around much, and he was biting at the strap across his chest.  Maybe we'll try it a little longer each day for a few days and hope he gets more used to it.  I really hate to drug him for the Christmas trip, but I also don't like him being so stressed for so long.  We'll see, I guess.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon!  I have Pilates and 6-8 miles tonight.

Ginny, sorry about the wintry mixture.  Come down here, as it's hot and humid, and beach worthy.

Hope, awww, poor Dusty.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rain has moved out of our area for a while now.  This morning was a bit brisk at 43 degrees, but very sunny as I did 3.1 miles around the university campus.  A really very nice run/walk.  Looking at our local forecast at the end of the week, I have two races this weekend...and the flippin' temp is dropping into the upper 30s - rare for us around here in San Antonio - and low 40s...dang it...I hate running in cold weather...anything over 50 is okay.   Get with the program for me, Mother Nature. 

Ginny, my weather down here then would probably feel like spring to you, lol.

Hope it all works out for Dusty, HopesMom.

Good luck with your pilates and miles tonight, Damaris.   Are you still doing Chevron in Houston in January?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt