Beginners and Beyond

Where Are the TUESDAILIES? (Read 39 times)

I did an hour on the AMT.

Have a great day, everyone.

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning!!  It's basically been raining for 48 hours straight, and that is just fine with me.  Slept 9 hours last night, which is rare for a weeknight.  Today I'll start cutting the miles back a bit heading into this weekend, so I'm planning 6ish after work.  Sure it's All Star Week, but it's also half marathon week, and the latter takes precedence.

<3

Little Blue

Good morning, Basya!

It's raining again here, so I might just stay in and do some yoga.  Lots of tight muscles.  No work for me today, with thunderstorms.  Can't complain, I have a mountain of laundry to do after most of a week out of town.

Happy Tuesday!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

June 1st is National Bubba Day.  "Bubba" is kind of a Southern derivation of "brother."  If you live in Texas, "Bubba" is the worker bee...."Hoss" is the boss-man.

So get out there and do something today, Bubba!    For me, probably some hill work somewhere after work.  Nice sunny day, at my run time of 4 pm it will be 88 degrees and .....warm!

...everyone was celebrating with Rocky Road ice cream  because June 2 is also Rocky Road Ice Cream Day!  The ice cream came after the chicken dinner since June 2 is also Chicken Rotisserie Day.

Rocky Road cartoons, Rocky Road cartoon, funny, Rocky Road picture, Rocky Road pictures, Rocky Road image, Rocky Road images, Rocky Road illustration, Rocky Road illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

From the Internet.

Morning.

I didn't even know it was possible to be this sad and still be alive. Trying to work through my feelings so I can be somewhat productive today - already planning to work from home as much as possible this week to spend time with my baby. Vet will call to check in midday today, hopefully he'll have the cytology results from the fluid that was in her chest and I'll at least have an idea of how much time we might have left - whether it's just a day or two or longer. I am so, so grateful that she's still alive and OK right now, but having no idea how long this could drag on for is killing me a little. She loves the pill pockets they gave me, so at least it's easy to get the Lasix into her.

Planning to run today, maybe even twice. Running helped yesterday, I think it will continue to be a big part of helping me deal.

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, all!

5+ miles this morning of run a mile/walk a minute. And even with walking the first minute of each mile, I snuck one mile in under 10:00. Smile Knee was sore at first, but eased up. Left me smiling at the end.

Unfortunately, I checked the extended forecast for my half-marathon June 13 (I know, these things can change), and it has a low of 60*, high of 90* and full sun. There is absolutely no shade on this route, and while humidity should be low in that part of the country, they've had enough rain lately that just the moisture coming off the fields and pastures might make it a bit muggy. Fingers crossed the forecast changes.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I am back at the office and half asleep.  Only slept 2 hours, thanks to the purring machine also known as Trixie.  I have Pilates and maybe a run with hubby.  But since my miles do not count this week for the games, it's a great time to take some time off, so we will see.

Shari, glad to see you back at it.

Lauren, thinking of you and the furry baby.

Damaris

happylily

Morning little people stuck in my computer!

Lauren, hugs to you, sweetie. I know it's hard.

Damaris, back to work already? Will the RR be up soon?

Shari, look at you! Running so well already! Don't worry about the weather. June 13th is too far away still.

Baboon, you're my man. Screw All Star Week, your own goals are what you're training for. I can't wait to see what you do!

Basya, you've been training well lately. How are you doing?

Blue, laundry tests my patience more and more. Especially since I can't tell anymore what belongs to SO and what is actually DS'. I end up like "Ha... so what.... let them wear each others underwear. I don't care..." Good luck with the chore!

Scotty, how you doin;, bubba? Or should I call you hoss? Which one match your Southern personality better? Enjoy your warm run!

It's 45F this morning and we have no friggin' heat in this friggin' cottage. I didn't want to get out of bed even though I was wide awake at 6 am. It was too cold. So I forced myself to go back to sleep and it worked. Like Baboon, I have this amazing ability (I only say this to make other people here jealous). No running again today, but I will do some upper body work. My legs are completely healed and my back as well. I start training again this coming week and I feel 100% rested. I do have some flowers to plant this afternoon, though. The poor things will probably freeze to death...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I ran, and in other incredible news, my leg is still attached. lol

From the Internet.

I can't stop crying. I think my face is going to be red forever from all the salt. Heading out to run in a minute.

Cyberic

Brought a towel, my watch and my running gear. Gonna run today. Yesterday's RD was well appreciated by my body I think.

DavePNW

Shari, good luck on the comeback trail!

10 miles with 4x1200

Dave

LRB

Shari, good luck on the comeback trail!

10 miles with 4x1200

Boss. 

Great news Step.

Stay strong Lauren!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lily, I have a bunch of deadlines today, but maybe later.

Damaris

cjones1

So sorry Lauren.  We went through this in February with our 13 year old Siberian Husky.  It's never easy.

Anyhoo, I forgot to set my alarm last night, so I slept for 8 hours straight, which was super nice.  Oh well, I'll just move today's run to what was supposed to be RD on Thursday.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)