Beginners and Beyond

Deep in snow TuesDAILIES (Read 34 times)

Cyberic

the largest expense is probably the additional quantity of food I consume.

That would be it for me too. Second is definitely shoes. Even if I'm a cheapskates and am not happy unless I squeeze at least 600 miles out of my shoes, I still go through 6 pairs per year.

My smallest running expense is probably racing Smile

Half Crazy K 2.0

Whiskers, I like the New Balance Impact 3 inch shorts. I've never had an issue with inner thigh chafing, just chafing from the liner in extreme heat & humidty.  I'm third from the left in the black tank and black with what looks like specks short. The pocket is good for a car key, not much else. I usually find them for pretty cheap on Amazon.

RunningOnSand

LOL, it really is all your fault.  I'd never heard of them until I joined this group and saw your posts!

In other running news, I went to the gym this afternoon and ran 5 easy on the treadmill.

Agreed! I attribute a lot of money spent to this group. Big grin (and I'm damn happy about it!)

RunningOnSand

I put 5 gels and my keys in one pocket, the phone and the iPod in the other (for marathons).  I am sure I could fit more, ha.

Yep! They are bottomless! Big grin

RunningOnSand

I keep expecting some snow.  I even ran this morning instead of the afternoon as I normally do.  Still waiting.  All it's done is drop the temperature 20 degrees.

Where are you located? I forget. We are supposed to get snow tomorrow.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Where are you located? I forget. We are supposed to get snow tomorrow.

Philly suburbs.  I think the northern 'burbs got snow, but not the western ones where I am.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

My total cost of running would be difficult for me to calculate, because the largest expense is probably the additional quantity of food I consume.

I'm sure my biggest running expense is travel related because almost all my races involve long drives or plane fare and multiple days lodging. I have gotten to see a lot of the US and Canada that way.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Baboon

delicate flower

treadmill 5 miles at a pretty good effort...surprised at how good my legs felt.  

x2

<3

RunningOnSand

No you probably don't.

My total cost of running would be difficult for me to calculate, because the largest expense is probably the additional quantity of food I consume.

You put up some big numbers, pretty consistently. You gotta fuel 'dat!

RunningOnSand

x2

I am honestly really excited for your marathon! You've been killing it (as per usual).

Baboon

delicate flower

I am honestly really excited for your marathon! You've been killing it (as per usual).

Thanks, I appreciate it!  I'm excited too.  I just need some decent weather.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks, I appreciate it!  I'm excited too.  I just need some decent weather.

I'm not going to be there so chances are good!

Damaris

GinnyinPA

We had flurries this morning while walking the dog, then sunshine, but as soon as I set out for my run this afternoon it began to snow and continued steadily for the next 5.5 miles. My last 2.5 were mostly snow-free. There was a good dusting on the  grass; the roads were just wet. It was fun running in the falling snow, except when I got an ice cream headache running into the wind.

I'm too cheap to spend a lot of money on clothes. I may drool over Inknburn or Oiselle, but buying them is not likely. For shorts I've been happy with Roadrunner's 5 pocket 5" shorts. I have no problem with them chafing or riding up.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'm too cheap to spend a lot of money on clothes. I may drool over Inknburn or Oiselle, but buying them is not likely. For shorts I've been happy with Roadrunner's 5 pocket 5" shorts. I have no problem with them chafing or riding up.

Periodically Amazon will have a HUGE sale on Oiselle stuff. It's been a while, but I got capris for under $20. I wasn't too impressed. I also lucked out on the 1 Inknburn outfit I got and got the capris on clearance (our school mascot is a chameleon, I was surprised to find something chameleon that was not adult oriented).

onemile

~12 miles at the indoor track with 4x2k and 2x400. After my stupid run in the snow yesterday I was dreading this but I had a surprisingly good workout.  Especially considering this is my 5th double digit run in a row. I think this is the fastest I have run for the 2ks so far and my legs are feeling stronger