Beginners and Beyond

Monday Dailies (Read 34 times)

DavePNW

All this talk about Thanksgiving races has me envious, hmph.

And the warmup gear is all you'll need, because you'll probably just warm up & turn around and go home anyway.

Dave

LRB

And the warmup gear is all you'll need, because you'll probably just warm up & turn around and go home anyway.

lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No but there used to be a "More Miles Than Degrees" thread here, where people would post when they did that. No running totals or anything, but points were based on difference between miles run and temp (deg F) at start of run. I think my record was 13 (18 miles at 5 degrees).

I remember I got into that game one year (after a cold Winter here), thinking I could rack some tiny points and that was the year we never got anything but 80+ weather all year long so I ended up racking 0 points until January, after which I quit, lol.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ended up running outside in Winter weather of 83F and 71 dewpoint.  Sigh.  It was slow but a good run.  Then I came back home to the light and noticed my left leg has blue spots.  If it's varicose veins, I'm going to feel old as fuck.

Damaris

From the Internet.

Lol!

I would be skipping that son of a gun at -17!

RunningOnSand

Do y'all remember the Winter Running Game from RWOL where you got points for running all winter based on the temps?  Does anyone here do something like that?

I remember this. I was part of one and it helped me run more miles and also it had me skipping the treadmill, in lieu of an outdoor run when the regular temp was -12*F. (Not Lauren's  - 17, the real -12).

Lauren, I'd be bundling up if I were you.

Dave, that's a fast field.

I'm not doing any formal races this year for Turkey Day; I'll be hitting refresh every 10 minutes, while I lounge around in my pajamas and am drinking coffee, watching for your RR's! Actually that won't be the case. I'll be freezing my ass off in my neck of the woods, running as well.

PS I ate another row of cake. For dinner.  Big grin

sdWhiskers

Did not know you were a former Nutmegger. Where did you live?

I was in gun wavin New Haven for school 2004-2009. I do not miss CT but I do miss being in close proximity to family and friends.

sdWhiskers

I'm also skipping Turkey trots this year.  No need to spend $55 to get up early and run behind 4,000 walkers.

DavePNW

I'm also skipping Turkey trots this year.  No need to spend $55 to get up early and run behind 4,000 walkers.

That's why you line up in front.  

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck getting there among the masses of kids and stroller in the front.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Like the woman who started in the first row at mine last year?  Because she wanted “as much time as possible to complete the course,” so it made sense in her mind to elbow her way ahead of the guy who won, even though he LITERALLY ran three times faster than she did?  Like that?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Runshortii

Good luck getting there among the masses of kids and stroller in the front.

I don’t see a lot of strollers at this one, but the kids lining up in front annoys the crap out of me. It’s only 15 bucks though so I can’t complain too much

From the Internet.

And find the free races! I've got one to the north and one to the south, still debating which one I'll end up running.

Baboon

delicate flower

I was in gun wavin New Haven for school 2004-2009. I do not miss CT but I do miss being in close proximity to family and friends.

Yale, I presume.

<3

GinnyinPA

No turkey trot for me again. We don't have one in my town, just in towns 45 minutes north or 30 minutes south. We're driving to MD for dinner with the family and it's too much hassle driving to the race, then back home for a shower, then back south again. Adding an hour or hour and a half of driving to our usual 5-6 hours in the car just isn't a good idea, not for less than half an hour of running. As cold as it's going to be this year, I don't mind missing it.