Beginners and Beyond

Another MonDAILIES (Read 33 times)

delicate flower

Oof.

Well I suppose the tune-up races will prepare you for that.

Yup.  The thing is though, the summer months are triathlon season.  Water is too cold in the spring.  While run-only races are all year, triathlons really are limited to four, maybe five months in the northeast.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not sure if you guys will be able to, but the link below is a short video of me and my little workout buddy doing stair bounds.

https://www.facebook.com/andrea.n.hadley/posts/10208368479842868?notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&notif_id=1465240467698831

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

The idea of triathlon is interesting me more and more. I just don't have that kind of time right now. And it is much more complicated training than just running. I live IN Montreal, so biking to actually train is suicide unless I drive somewhere with my bike, and I'd need to learn how to swim properly before I can actually train at it...

If I were retired right now, I think I would consider it.

LRB

Not sure if you guys will be able to, but the link below is a short video of me and my little workout buddy doing stair bounds.

https://www.facebook.com/andrea.n.hadley/posts/10208368479842868?notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&notif_id=1465240467698831

You should've just carried the kid down the stairs.

LRB

The idea of triathlon is interesting me more and more. I just don't have that kind of time right now. And it is much more complicated training than just running. I live IN Montreal, so biking to actually train is suicide unless I drive somewhere with my bike, and I'd need to learn how to swim properly before I can actually train at it...

If I were retired right now, I think I would consider it.

Wanting to someday do a triathlon is how I found running. Now, it is unlikely I ever will.

LRB

There is a morning cool front moving through this week. It's only high forties/low fifties so nothing too crazy but I'll enjoy that.

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 easy and upper body weights.

Duathlon, maybe, someday. Tri, nope. Not a fan of swimming where I can't see the bottom.

onemile

I ran 5

onemile

You should've just carried the kid UP the stairs. On your back.  Weighted bounds. 

LRB

lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You should've just carried the kid down the stairs.

Lol, but he was having fun damn it. And I don't want him getting used to me always carrying him 

Plus I'm sure I'll be piggy backing him quite a bit when we hike 3-4 miles this summer, he's like me when it comes to warm weather... okay he is much worse.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

workinprogress11