Beginners and Beyond

RR- Garden Gnome Run 10K (Read 59 times)

Great job, Zel!

3rd AG, beat Man U guy, and got a tomato plant with a better time than last year?  Winning x4.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Good work, Z. You never fail to impress. I am especially proud that you beat Man U guy. I loathe Man U more than the 10k distance itself. Early on my football (soccer) loving relatives taught me to call them "Man Scum." So yeah, good work.

delicate flower

Nice race, Captain Mel!  Really nice, steady splits.  8th OA and 3rd AG...freakin nice!

<3

LRB

We headed back into a park when I was expecting to head straight towards the finish.  This just mentally deflated me for some reason.  Was I off course?  Was this the 15K now?  Were we going to have to do another loop of the park?  It just seemed overwhelming.  I lost my rhythm.

But at least it wasn't a whole loop.  Just a bit of and out-and-back to pad the distance.  But it was a right turn, over the bridge, turn left, cross the street, turn left, around the curve, over the bridge, turn right.  Ugh!  My momentum was gone. 

Something similar happened to me during a 10k race and screwed me up as well. Mine a was a bit earlier though and I actually considered stopping altogether so I can appreciate your frustration there.

10k's are tough, that you are willing to race them is impressive.  You will be back to your old pre-marathon self in no time. Smile

Speaking of things that suck the life outta you, when does MRT begin?

Cyberic

Congrats Zel. By reading all the twists and turns, and the mental effect it was having on you, I didn't think your time would be so good, but hey, that's a great time!

Mmmmm...beer

Great job!  I hate courses that twist like that, and people that slow down/stop at the finish! lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats, Zel!   Nice photos too, gave me a smile!

You don't have to be brief in your reports...they are very entertaining!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt