Beginners and Beyond

What up WednesDAILIES (Read 23 times)

DavePNW

Also, the portapotties are removed during the cold months.

Still! Better to have portapottied and lost, than to never have portapottied.

Dave

sdWhiskers

I ran 4.6 wearing my headlamp and noxgear vest aka blind you vest. I was able to turn off both halfway through my run though. 

Glad to see you back here more regularly! and running again! I think I'm a week away from getting out The Vest.

Half Crazy K 2.0

You're just rubbing in the fact that your track actually has portapotties, of which I am very envious. And what kind of noob doesn't run with TP in their pocket?

With covid, the mask I carry will also serve that role in an amergency.

DavePNW

I think I'm a week away from getting out The Vest.

I am borderline. It could be any day now, but my range in start times is 5:45-6:15, which makes a big difference right now.

Dave

sdWhiskers

I am borderline. It could be any day now, but my range in start times is 5:45-6:15, which makes a big difference right now.

Yeah, I've been starting 6-630am so still ok.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Ran 14 this morning. Was pretty tired but slogged through it. Picked up pace a bit for the last 5 miles which felt better. Added a little distance as tomorrow will likely be short due to work and I have my annual, except for 2020, football weekend coming up. We are heading to Boulder CO Friday morning to see the Buffs and Texas A&M on Saturday. The game is in Denver but we'll be in Boulder otherwise if anyone has recommendations for food/drink, maybe even a little running, there. I'm a little hesitant given the COVID situation but am hoping we are outdoors for the most part. I'll be masked up indoors. Also a little concerned about the altitude and how much worse it's going to make the hangover(s)!

Our power went out last night due to a storm, which didn't seem like that bad a storm, but why not. Only the 3rd time in the last few months. 

I was going to mention that my 7 day rolling total is 60.2, which is a pretty high number for me, but it pales in comparison with Baboon's totals! Awesome job, you are really killing it. I know how tired I'm feeling these days...I can't imagine 70+ weeks and 300+ months.

I've never run with TP because it's never really been an issue. But(t), for some reason, maybe old age, I've had one emergency stop this summer (first time ever) and several close calls where I wished a PoP was handy. Yesterday was a case in point as the track I was at does not have a PoP...it was a struggle at times.

I've been wearing the headlamp for the last few weeks along with my 15-20 year old reflective mesh vest thing. I could probably use an upgrade there. 

There, I'm late and I'm done

You're just rubbing in the fact that your track actually has portapotties, of which I am very envious. And what kind of noob doesn't run with TP in their pocket?

Always!  For some reason the bathrooms at my start point were locked on Monday, so did have to take a bear in the woods break.

DavePNW

I've been wearing the headlamp for the last few weeks along with my 15-20 year old reflective mesh vest thing. I could probably use an upgrade there. 

I wore a basic reflective vest for quite a while, but upgraded to the Noxgear a couple years ago and feel way safer with it. Keep an eye on their website, they'll have sales, probably when the time change happens. I did not regularly run with a headlamp, because I'm mostly in lit areas where I can see in front of me, it's just a question of ensuring I'm seen by cars. But last year I added a spot light that I clip onto the front of my vest, since there are just a few darker patches along my routes.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

wolvmar, do you go to different locations or same place? DH and some friends did similar trips for a while. They started based on some show or list about cathedrals of college football.

Baboon

delicate flower

I wore a basic reflective vest for quite a while, but upgraded to the Noxgear a couple years ago and feel way safer with it. Keep an eye on their website, they'll have sales, 

Seems like these things are always on sale and I don't know anyone that has paid full price for one.  That'd be like walking into Kohl's and paying full price for a pair of pants.

<3

DavePNW

Seems like these things are always on sale and I don't know anyone that has paid full price for one.  That'd be like walking into Kohl's and paying full price for a pair of pants.

I don’t shop at Kohl’s so I guess I’m missing out on all the jokes.

Dave

LRB

I was all over the place back in the day (boy do I have horror stories!) but these days, regularity could be my middle name.

I'm not sure if it's the plant based or high fiber thing or a combination of both but my business gets done before I leave my house. In 10 years of running however there have been exceptions and in those cases I use what I call the shit blast method, where you get really, really low on the delivery annnnnd GO!

LRB

Ran 14 this morning. Was pretty tired but slogged through it. Picked up pace a bit for the last 5 miles which felt better. Added a little distance as tomorrow will likely be short due to work and I have my annual, except for 2020, football weekend coming up. We are heading to Boulder CO Friday morning to see the Buffs and Texas A&M on Saturday. The game is in Denver but we'll be in Boulder otherwise if anyone has recommendations for food/drink, maybe even a little running, there. I'm a little hesitant given the COVID situation but am hoping we are outdoors for the most part. I'll be masked up indoors. Also a little concerned about the altitude and how much worse it's going to make the hangover(s)!

I had no issues running at altitude in Tahoe despite drinking double my usual. I would try alltrails.com for running suggestions.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

wolvmar, do you go to different locations or same place? DH and some friends did similar trips for a while. They started based on some show or list about cathedrals of college football.

pretty much this. Since we are in Big Ten country, we've tried to avoid the Big Ten but did go to Wisconsin one year and Nebraska another (not really a Big 10 school!). Most of us have been to OSU (except me), Northwestern, UM, MSU on our own. We've been to most of the SEC schools, a number of the Big 12, a couple ACC. This will be our first Pac 12 (sort of, Colorado should still be Big 12) trip. Oregon and/or Washington are on the West Coast wish list but the travel time is always an issue.

DavePNW

pretty much this. Since we are in Big Ten country, we've tried to avoid the Big Ten but did go to Wisconsin one year and Nebraska another (not really a Big 10 school!). Most of us have been to OSU (except me), Northwestern, UM, MSU on our own. We've been to most of the SEC schools, a number of the Big 12, a couple ACC. This will be our first Pac 12 (sort of, Colorado should still be Big 12) trip. Oregon and/or Washington are on the West Coast wish list but the travel time is always an issue.

LOL, truth.

You been to my alma mater in Champaign?

If you do get out west to UW, let me know! Seattle is a great place to visit regardless. As is Eugene, where my son is a U of O student. In fact he just started a job as an audio technician for university events, which includes football games. Even though he does not actually care about football. 

MTA: the view from the sound booth at Autzen Stadium!

Dave