Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies are cold and windy. (Read 29 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

94:33 on a tough windy day! YEAH!

21:02. Good enough for the first one back.

Excellent!  Welcome back, guys!  Smile

Garmin time: 2:59:05 . I can now die a happy man! 

Holy crap!  That's real runner stuff right there.  Singlet I hope?

<3

Runshortii

Lauren great job!! Cyberic a sub 3 is awesome. Can’t wait for the RR. And Dave that’s not a bad time at all

Baboon

delicate flower

I ran 7 miles this afternoon on dead legs.  This was my first hilly run in a month.  I've been avoiding hills while my legs recover from two hard races.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

12 TM miles done. Just now we got to below 90F in feels like.

Damaris

Cyberic

Holy crap!  That's real runner stuff right there.  Singlet I hope?

LOL! I saw one girl in a singlet snd arm warmers. Everybody else I saw had long sleeves, many had jackets. A few only had short sleeves t-shirts, but not many. It was snowing, ffs! But not enough for any accumulation on the ground.

So no. I had shorts, short sleeves with long sleeves on top, neck thing (Buff) and gloves.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Were both the short sleeve and the LS the same thickness (thin?), Cy?  Not expecting to ever run at below 35F but just in case.  I have thick LSs that I would like to wear for running one day, ha.

Damaris

Cyberic

Were both the short sleeve and the LS the same thickness (thin?), Cy?  Not expecting to ever run at below 35F but just in case.  I have thick LSs that I would like to wear for running one day, ha.

No, not really.

My short sleeves was a R&R race t-shirt from Montreal, and the long sleeves was a thin kangooroo, much thinner than "sweat pants" thick, but still a little warmer than the fabric of a t-shirt

Hard to explain thickness, but it is my thinnest long sleeves shirt that is not race t-shirt fabric.

MTA: But that's me. Many people wore thicker stuff than me.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No, not really.

My short sleeves was a R&R race t-shirt from Montreal, and the long sleeves was a thin kangooroo, much thinner than "sweat pants" thick, but still a little warmer than the fabric of a t-shirt

Hard to explain thickness, but it is my thinnest long sleeves shirt that is not race t-shirt fabric.

MTA: But that's me. Many people wore thicker stuff than me.

I got what you mean. I tend to like going on the colder side, so what you wore is a good gauge for me. Smile  Thanks for sharing. And enjoy your well deserved sub-3 recovery!

Damaris

GinnyinPA

Cyberic - Wow! Congratulations on breaking 3 hours.

Lauren - another terrific race.

Dave - congratulations on your 5k.

Sdwhiskers - that's quite a workout! Congratulations on the course PR in the middle of your 20 miler.

AFM: 6 brisk miles on a very windy day.

DavePNW

I was just about to ask whether people replace their race shoes at lower mileage than trainers. I usually go 500 on the trainers, my race shoes are currently at 300. I sort of made it an easy answer because I just found my race shoes for $65 on Amazon. So that's taken care of.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I was just about to ask whether people replace their race shoes at lower mileage than trainers. I usually go 500 on the trainers, my race shoes are currently at 300. I sort of made it an easy answer because I just found my race shoes for $65 on Amazon. So that's taken care of.

Listen, Dave. You need to buy more than one pair every three years.  I just bought four Clifton 1s when Hoka brought them back for a limited time and I might buy more.  Go for it. Buy two!

Damaris

DavePNW

Listen, Dave. You need to buy more than one pair every three years.  I just bought four Clifton 1s when Hoka brought them back for a limited time and I might buy more.  Go for it. Buy two!

LOL. I did - changed the qty just before clicking to buy. But I will not try to keep up with you in the shoe department.

It's funny, they haven't released a new model of the shoe, but just changed the color. Used to be only yellow/black, now only red/black. Most sites only have the red ones now. Amazon had the new red ones for $120, and the old yellow ones for $65.

I have a few pairs of trainers still in boxes, but looking forward to the twice-yearly clearance sale at the Brooks Outlet store near me. They typically do one in November. They always have a bunch of old models at super-low prices.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wish they had done that with the Cliftons and just release new colors.  Fuckers damaged such a perfect shoe!  I've never heard of a company re-releasing the 1s when they are on the 5th iteration.  There must have been plenty of people like me bitching.

Damaris