Beginners and Beyond

The Morning DAILIES: Part of a complete breakfast (Read 38 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not to mention I would be making others miserable, or driving them crazy.

I won't ride roller coasters either, and I don't give a shit how irrational someone is about being fearful of planes or how stupid I might seem to others  I am not comfortable in man made machines that I have absolutely no control over, and I am completely content staying on the ground and using my vehicle (or a rental) to get where I want to go.

I don't care what statistics say about driving, I trust myself and my being aware of dangers on the road more than I trust some other person who couldn't really care less about me and barely gets paid more than the average salary.

I fly a ton. It doesn't bother me. I've seen some that are really scared. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. No reason to be miserable.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Going to Spain. 4 weeks. Barcelona for 7 days, then Madrid for 7, Sevilla for 7, Grenada for 2, Valencia for 2, then Barcelona again for 2 more.

LOL, don't worry Lily, it's not by reading a forum that all of a sudden I'll be afraid to fly. I mean, yes there is danger, but there is also danger when I drive my car on a bridge, under an overpass, when I drive around town on the wife's puny scooter... I see there's danger when I actually think of it, but it's the kind of danger I accept as part of life. The kind of danger that makes me smile.

LRB

I fly a ton. It doesn't bother me. I've seen some that are really scared. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. No reason to be miserable.

Right, there is no feeling like it in the world.  I actually consoled someone one year and at that time I was the chicken!  Ultimately I learned all the sounds and know just about what every noise is which helps immensely.

But if it's a natural fear you have to get over your own way, and some people never do.  It would be like telling someone who is afraid of snakes to lie down in bed with them to get over their fear.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You'll actually ride one of those things???? My brother rides a scooter but that is because his license is suspended.

Driving is a "deadly" must, I would love to run or bike everywhere but I have a child and a dog to carry along and then the occasional groceries and that would suck to haul either on a bike pull along or in a backpack on my back 

Going to Spain. 4 weeks. Barcelona for 7 days, then Madrid for 7, Sevilla for 7, Grenada for 2, Valencia for 2, then Barcelona again for 2 more.

LOL, don't worry Lily, it's not by reading a forum that all of a sudden I'll be afraid to fly. I mean, yes there is danger, but there is also danger when I drive my car on a bridge, under an overpass, when I drive around town on the wife's puny scooter... I see there's danger when I actually think of it, but it's the kind of danger I accept as part of life. The kind of danger that makes me smile.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I like snakes Smile well...... the venomous ones can stay the fuck away from me.

I'm not sure what it is, I've never been on one but I've seen a lot of bad movies that have my imagination running wild and I barely have my imagination under control as it is... half the time I am thinking about sex 

The other thing, I think... is the sensation of going down or landing, or even taking off. It is the same reason I don't like roller coasters, I cannot stand the freaking hills damn it, that whole "stomach in my throat and heart down in my crotch" feeling just sucks in my opinion. DH loves that sensation, I hate it. Not sure if I would feel that during a plane's landing or taking off, but I don't want to take the chance unless I absolutely have to get on a plane.

Right, there is no feeling like it in the world.  I actually consoled someone one year and at that time I was the chicken!  Ultimately I learned all the sounds and know just about what every noise is which helps immensely.

But if it's a natural fear you have to get over your own way, and some people never do.  It would be like telling someone who is afraid of snakes to lie down in bed with them to get over their fear.

PRs

I won't ride roller coasters either, and I don't give a shit how irrational someone is about being fearful of planes or how stupid I might seem to others  

When I called it irrational I did not mean for it to be insulting; most fears are irrational. It is not the same as being stupid, everyone has them about something or another.

And I don't ride roller coasters either, although not out of fear, but because they make me feel like I'm going to puke.

Dave

Cyberic

My work is just over 3 miles from where I live. I can take my car to work, ride my bike, run ( shower issue) or take the scooter. I mean a gas scooter, a moped. 49.9cc. Kinda cool actually. It doesn't look cool though, I look like a geek

You'll actually ride one of those things???? My brother rides a scooter but that is because his license is suspended.

Driving is a "deadly" must, I would love to run or bike everywhere but I have a child and a dog to carry along and then the occasional groceries and that would suck to haul either on a bike pull along or in a backpack on my back 

happylily

Well, if it must be said, I don't like clowns much...

15 miles done, 10 @ MP

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

15 miles done, 10 @ MP

Hard to avoid them while working with children, no?

Damaris

LRB

LRB

Hard to avoid them while working with children, no?

Or spending time in an internet community. 

happylily

Or spending time in an internet community. 

+1 

And my kids are cute little clowns. Not Pennywise clowns. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty Damarized me.  Unless the hot comment was for me.  But we were never cool during Arthur to begin with!

Andrea, the statistics are clear.  You are at a higher risk of dying while driving than by flying.  By a huge margin.

Yes, that hot comment was for you, I just forgot to name you.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Does anyone? Most kids (and plenty of adults) think they're pretty creepy.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

And yet when a plane does crash, you are pretty surely DEAD. Whereas in my tahoe on the road, it depends on a lot of factors..... and most of them I still have a better chance of surviving. I don't care if it is only ONE plane crash a year or every ten years, as long as there is a chance... I ain't taken it unless I absolutely have to.

Haha slymoon....no the mile high club is over rated lol  and that is why I said I wish they would figure it out....or in other words perfect teleportation.

Well, Andrea just go visit Australia then, and fly Quantas.  Quantas has never had one of their modern aircraft crash.    When it first started business, some of it's older models did crash in 'olden years' , but since then, nada.    In 2014, it was named the world's safest aviation carrier by AirlineRatings.com

In addition to Qantas, the website lists Air New Zealand, All Nippon Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, Emirates, Etihad Airways, Eva Air, Royal Jordanian, Singapore Airlines and Virgin Atlantic as the 10 safest airlines in the world.

Sadly, no U.S.-based airlines made it into the top 10.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt