Beginners and Beyond

Dailies: The MONDAY Edition. (Read 41 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That's what I forgot at the store!!! Benadryl! Damn it, well we will wait a couple more days and if it doesn't go away then he is going to the docs.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

What's up ya'll? Haven't posted in awhile here.  This weekend was interesting. Paced a friend at the Hallucination 100. That was good for 17 very hilly miles with lots of walking, but he made it in 28 hours 15 minutes.  My calves have been (and still are) on fire ever since.. just DOM's, but damn.  I was worried about a lack of true long run, so I fired off 12 hilly miles yesterday. Felt great once I warmed up.

And if I didn't get enough hills, the schedule calls for hill repeats tonight LOL.

Have a good one.

Jess runs for bacon

What's up ya'll? Haven't posted in awhile here.  This weekend was interesting. Paced a friend at the Hallucination 100. That was good for 17 very hilly miles with lots of walking, but he made it in 28 hours 15 minutes.  My calves have been (and still are) on fire ever since.. just DOM's, but damn.  I was worried about a lack of true long run, so I fired off 12 hilly miles yesterday. Felt great once I warmed up.

And if I didn't get enough hills, the schedule calls for hill repeats tonight LOL.

Have a good one.

Hey, long time no see! Congrats to your friend!

Freesoul, if it is as bad as you say I would take him to the hospital now, to be safe.

Just did 8x400 @ 10k pace. Now I am enjoying my Woodchuck Cider. I hear they have a pumpkin one, which is incentive to finish this 6 pack off so I can go buy some Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, c0de!

Damaris

YAYpril - B-Plus

Have a good one.

Hey, Andy! Fancy meeting you around these parts.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, his forearms are swelling up, just like the cartoon Popeye so I told him he is going to the hospital first thing in the morning if the swelling hasn't gone down.

Hey, long time no see! Congrats to your friend!

Freesoul, if it is as bad as you say I would take him to the hospital now, to be safe.

Just did 8x400 @ 10k pace. Now I am enjoying my Woodchuck Cider. I hear they have a pumpkin one, which is incentive to finish this 6 pack off so I can go buy some Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Happy Monday, Dailies!!!!!!

!!!!! <- (in case LTH is reading, ha ha)

Successfully drove back home today. A whirlwind of travelling is complete, now back to work in the morning. It was a great 8 days of travel - saw most of the family in Jacksonville, saw some new *undercover" vehicles in West Virginia, and saw friends in Cleveland. And, got to run the River Run Half Marathon.

As for running, today was an SRD. I might take tomorrow off too so that I can get back into the normal swing of things. I think running a half gives me the right to slack for 2 days. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

For reference, when my wife had some bad poison ivy the Dr.'s office said they wanted to see her if the rash completely covered more than one ninth of her body.  They also asked specifically about whether there was any rash close to sensitive areas like eyes and, um, private parts, so that alone may be enough reason for him to be seen...

To help estimate, these are the nine "parts" medical folks use to divvy up the body, as I recall from the burn unit in my EMT class 20 years ago:

1. head

2. left arm/hand

3. right arm/hand

4. chest

5. back

6. L thigh/butt

7. L calf/foot

8. R thigh/butt

9. R calf/foot

Moving on... got my ~4 recovery miles in.  The first mile was my usual post race stiff miserableness.  Then I got into the woods and I think the change to technical terrain helped loosen things up, and using different muscles always helps.  By the last mile back on the road I was back to regular easy pace (as calculated based off Saturday's PR) so I should be good to go for my long run Wednesday.

Hip Redux

RD for me (well, I mowed the lawn Roll eyes) BUT almost no back pain.  OMG, OMG.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Nope, not exaggerating at all lol. His arms are spewing pus and it's now on his stomach and going to his legs, it looks nasty and if I had the time I would post images from yesterday though the arms are worse today.

Get him to the DR - I had some poison ivy one time. Thought I was manly and waited 3 days for treatment. Finally went to the emergency room (walk-in, or rather, limp-in) and got a cortisone shot. If he's highly allergic, Poison Ivy really sucks. If it was just a little spot, I'd say maybe let it run its course. But if he's got a lot of it, he needs relief.

PS - mine was on both legs, below the knees. But despite my best wrapping efforts with gauze, they kept oozing and oozing. And, they swelled up so much that it hurt a LOT to just stand up and start walking.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Hey, Andy! Fancy meeting you around these parts.

Hey April.. love your tag, Yaypril. LOL

Hi Damaris!

Hi lilac!

Gonna try to check in more often. Got less and less people posting in DM.. need to come back and get my daily briefing!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Don't wait until tomorrow, freesoul!

Damaris

Hip Redux

Hey April.. love your tag, Yaypril. LOL

Hi Damaris!

Hi lilac!

Gonna try to check in more often. Got less and less people posting in DM.. need to come back and get my daily briefing!

Hey!  The more the merrier Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I did 2 with hubby and 8 solo.  The weather was nice, low 90s, dewpoint in the low 70s, and drizzling at certain points.

Damaris

Hi Dailies:

April - no running, you've earned a day or a few off!

C0de - hi

Free - Jewelweed is excellent for combating poison ivy.  It grows in shady, damp areas like ditches or stream beds.

SRD and early to bed.