Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 26 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Life is vastly more pleasant when I don't go to work.  I got to climb in the morning, which meant the gym wasn't stupid crowded like it is in the evening.  All was well until I earned another flapper.  Isn't the point of calluses to prevent this from happening?!

And then I did an ice cream run.  My Garmin did that stupid thing where it resets itself and erases the past few minutes of mileage (but not time), and I live in terror of that happening during a race.

Speaking of races, the photos of Sunday's mile were posted.  I look a little irritated.  Can't imagine why...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

^nice.

Dave

My workout for tomorrow: Tempo intervals.

20-30 min warmup, 5 x 1600m w/3 min recoveries, 3 x 200m w/200m recoveries, 20-30 min cooldown.

Trying to decide whether track or road. If road, there will be a watch programming issue.

Dave

onemile

My workout for tomorrow: Tempo intervals.

20-30 min warmup, 5 x 1600m w/3 min recoveries, 3 x 200m w/200m recoveries, 20-30 min cooldown.

Trying to decide whether track or road. If road, there will be a watch programming issue.

I rarely go to the track because it's a pain in the ass to drive somewhere special. If it was 1-2 miles away I'd use it

I rarely go to the track because it's a pain in the ass to drive somewhere special. If it was 1-2 miles away I'd use it

HS track is 1 mile from my gym (another one is 1 mile from my home).

I've never programmed anything other than a single run/recovery segment, I think that's all you can do on the watch. I think you program more complicated ones on GC and download to the watch, but I've never done it. I just went to check it out on GC and the programming is not quite as intuitive as expected.

Track is probably easiest, other than just being a lot of loops. And 3 minutes is not really any even number of laps.

Dave

delicate flower

Bike workout completed.  I was going to skip the workout and just pedal easy since my legs are tired, but I gave it a go and was able to nail the workout (4 x 8:00 at 210 watts).  22 miles at 20.3 mph with a fair bit of suffering.  Good workout.

<3

LRB

HS track is 1 mile from my gym (another one is 1 mile from my home).

I've never programmed anything other than a single run/recovery segment, I think that's all you can do on the watch. I think you program more complicated ones on GC and download to the watch, but I've never done it. I just went to check it out on GC and the programming is not quite as intuitive as expected.

Track is probably easiest, other than just being a lot of loops. And 3 minutes is not really any even number of laps.

You could run that workout on the road or track without programming it. The 1600s are essentially mile repeats and the 200s are 70 footfalls (or whatever the number is for you).

You could run that workout on the road or track without programming it. The 1600s are essentially mile repeats and the 200s are 70 footfalls (or whatever the number is for you).

Plus, the 3 minute recoveries between the miles. Yeah, I thought about that too. Then also need to calculate total distance so I know how far to go on my out & back route. Or, it's probably long enough that I can do the lake loop. Although then I need to sort of need to figure out a turnaround point on the fly, in the middle of the run, because it's a mini-out & back after the loop. So many choices. Will probably be a game day decision.

Dave

onemile

I program almost every workout. Even when I do go to the track, I program it for 'lap button press'

It's actually really easy. You can just add your warm up and then two repeats (3 times 1600 meters, 3:00 recovery and then 3 times 200m with 200m recovery) and then a cool down til lap button press.  I have 4 pages of workouts I've done in GC and often I just edit an existing one that is similar.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles on the treadmill.

DavePNW, listen to Onemile. That's how I would program it as well.

LRB

I program almost every workout. Even when I do go to the track, I program it for 'lap button press'

It's actually really easy. You can just add your warm up and then two repeats (3 times 1600 meters, 3:00 recovery and then 3 times 200m with 200m recovery) and then a cool down til lap button press.  I have 4 pages of workouts I've done in GC and often I just edit an existing one that is similar.

I would have that many too if I kept them all. I think I have like 12 total but would have like 80 if I created a new one each time.

Heh. I wish. It's 5x1600.

For most of your workouts, you'd pretty much have to program them.

My problem is I couldn't quite figure out how to do it in GC, although it looked like it should be obvious. Couldn't figure out how to set number of reps. I only spent a few minutes playing with it, so I'll need to check back.

MTA: nevermind.

Dave

DavePNW, listen to Onemile. 

Always good advice.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

5 with hubby in the rain.

Damaris

Heh. I wish. It's 5x1600.

For most of your workouts, you'd pretty much have to program them.

My problem is I couldn't quite figure out how to do it in GC, although it looked like it should be obvious. Couldn't figure out how to set number of reps. I only spent a few minutes playing with it, so I'll need to check back.

MTA: nevermind.

Whoa. And you can download workouts via Bluetooth. Of course. Cool.

Dave