Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #149 (Read 29 times)

If you go by % over expected YTD miles (Goal/365 * 145), you're #8. If you go by miles over expected YTD total, you're #7. At least the way I calculated it.

LOL I am even worse than I thought.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ginny, was the fugitive from CT near you? Any precautions or lockdowns in your area from that?

Half Crazy K 2.0

LOL I am even worse than I thought.

There are 2 people 600+ miles over expected YTD, 2 are 400 over, 3 300-399, 7 200-299, 17 100-199, 37 1-99

36 are under the expected YTD mileage. Some are likely current IR or past IR (ie. me).

onemile

Hot and humid with showers here. I intended to run on the TM, but as soon as I started, my hamstrings/glutes began screaming. It has been getting worse in my last few runs and persisted during the entire run yesterday, so I wasn't surprised, except at the intensity. I switched to walking pace and the pain eased. I did 3 miles, then 10 on the bike. I hope tomorrow is better.

One thing that has really helped my hamstrings is foam rolling the fronts of my quads and hip flexors.

RunningOnSand

Howdy. Since c19, I've been going to bed way later. So, right now I'm star gazing (playing Animal Crossing), and I blame DaveGamerP for talking about this game several months ago. It's addictive!!!!

I can't imagine having a fun race with all those weird guidelines. It would be a killjoy, for me at least.

I've also been wondering about what schools will do, And, like Whiskers, it stresses me out so I'm just going to assume that things will continue to change til we're closer to the date.

So, Mpls (and now St. Paul) is a disaster. Rioting and looting after a police killed a man named George Floyd. Our city is in flames, both figuratively and literally. Sad

Runshortii

Howdy. Since c19, I've been going to bed way later. So, right now I'm star gazing (playing Animal Crossing), and I blame DaveGamerP for talking about this game several months ago. It's addictive!!!!

I can't imagine having a fun race with all those weird guidelines. It would be a killjoy, for me at least.

I've also been wondering about what schools will do, And, like Whiskers, it stresses me out so I'm just going to assume that things will continue to change til we're closer to the date.

So, Mpls (and now St. Paul) is a disaster. Rioting and looting after a police killed a man named George Floyd. Our city is in flames, both figuratively and literally. Sad

I saw they burnt down the 3rd precinct. Crazy stuff.

RunningOnSand

I saw they burnt down the 3rd precinct. Crazy stuff.

Yes. People are outraged (rightfully so), but the amount of destruction is insane.

RunningOnSand

Oh, I also remembered what I wanted to say about the coffee discussion. I cannot even fathom not having any coffee in the morning before a run. How?! Why!?! When I used to run in the early mornings, I would get up 30 min early to have my cup of coffee and pray for it to "work" prior to my run.

Blame my kids. I don’t play any video games, they’re the only reason I’ve heard of it. Apparently the latest release was HUGE.

Dave

RunningOnSand

Blame my kids. I don’t play any video games, they’re the only reason I’ve heard of it. Apparently the latest release was HUGE.

And for good reason! I now hog the Switch from my kids. 

sdWhiskers

And for good reason! I now hog the Switch from my kids. 

Also guilty! I've barely watched any TV during Corona times, but we went from 2 Switch games to >12     Mostly Mario and Lego games for me

GinnyinPA

Ginny, was the fugitive from CT near you? Any precautions or lockdowns in your area from that?

He was filmed at one of the Sheetzes in town, about 4 miles from me. Nobody knew about it until he was already in Hagerstown, which is about 25 miles away. I was very happy he was arrested.

RunningOnSand

Also guilty! I've barely watched any TV during Corona times, but we went from 2 Switch games to >12     Mostly Mario and Lego games for me

LOL