Beginners and Beyond

Second Chance Sundailies (Read 37 times)

LRB

Not sure if I mentioned I got into Chicago again!

I'm so sorry to hear that...oh wait, you actually like marathons.

workinprogress11

Mostly what I had working against me today was my inability to run faster.

I'm sorry it didn't go how you wanted it to but this cracked me up so there's that.

Jack-good job on what sounds like a tough course!

D-congrats on getting into Chicago again!

10k plus a mile warm up for me for 7.26 total.

on my way to badass

Looks like today is a big day for announcements.  Congrats yo Mr. O, Damaris, JackK, 'Boon and everyone who got out and did anything.

I got my bike out for a spin.  I just did 2.45 miles to make sure I remembered how.  I changed out of bike shorts got some water and took a quick run.  My legs felt good.  Weird.  I have this strange idea that I would like to tri.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

LRB

I did notice during our shakeout run that me and Jay were way cooler than you. Maybe we just have it.

Or that.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

12 on the TM done.

Damaris

Cyberic

Cyberic

Good job, Jack!

Baboon

delicate flower

1:39:03. Not what I had in mind but that was a tough course. There was one steep hill 1.2 miles long and two or three long gradual ones. It's damn frustrating but I guess I'll take it.

Nice job, Klompus!

<3

LRB

Looks like today is a big day for announcements.  Congrats yo Mr. O, Damaris, JackK, 'Boon and everyone who got out and did anything.

I got my bike out for a spin.  I just did 2.45 miles to make sure I remembered how.  I changed out of bike shorts got some water and took a quick run.  My legs felt good.  Weird.  I have this strange idea that I would like to tri.

There are a ton of beginner events here. I'm sure you could find something to your liking somewhere close.

Mr MattM

I spent a little time on the MRT forum on RW before migrating to the BF. Them dudes could be pretty curt, but you were always cool despite my naiveté.

Anything big coming on your schedule?

Hey LRB... my big news is that I'm actually going to race marathons again.  I haven't run a marathon in 4 years, and haven't raced one in 6...   I'm working my way back up the mileage ladder.  I'm registered for Chicago, and have a tune-up marathon the first weekend of August.  Depending on where I am in my training I might use the August marathon to get a better corral assignment in Chicago.  We'll see how it goes.

Its good to be back out there running with a goal!

be curious; not judgmental

LRB

Hey LRB... my big news is that I'm actually going to race marathons again.  I haven't run a marathon in 4 years, and haven't raced one in 6...   I'm working my way back up the mileage ladder.  I'm registered for Chicago, and have a tune-up marathon the first weekend of August.  Depending on where I am in my training I might use the August marathon to get a better corral assignment in Chicago.  We'll see how it goes.

Its good to be back out there running with a goal!

Did an injury have you down or did you just burnout on the distance and training? Having that big day dangling as a carrot is a great motivator, but it seems as if I'm going to have to find motivation from some baby carrots instead. lol

Has Chicago ever had race day temps below the 60s? It seems that for a city that can be chilly, its marathon seems to always be hot.

Mr MattM

I've run Chicago 5x and only once was it really warm.  I didn't run the year they stopped the race, though.  Most years (historically) the temps have been quite good... it's a crap shoot.  It'll probably be a blizzard this year... Lol...

As for the reasons for my layoff... they are numerous and varied, but part of it was definitely burnout.  I hope you find some baby carrots out there... 

be curious; not judgmental

No more marathons

As planned - a rest day.

Not as planned - buried our 15 year canine companion this morning.

Sometimes life just sucks.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

As planned - a rest day.

Condolences.

Runner with a riding problem.

Half Crazy K 2.0

As planned - a rest day.

I am so sorry. Definitely not easy.