Beginners and Beyond

NYC Marathon Dailies (Read 39 times)

onemile

Congrats LRB!  Can't wait for the RR!  Now eat all the food!

onemile

URP was planning to run a 15k race this morning but he showed up late and missed the start.  It was like 5 min from my house so I told him I'd drive over and we could run together.  8 miles done and 70 miles this week.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good work LRB - looking forward to hearing the details.

12 trail miles for me of the very easy variety.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Cyberic

3:26:26

Congrats, mate! Can't wait to hear how that experience and that course was.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, LRB

Damaris

RunningOnSand

Awesome job, LRB!!!

RunningOnSand

RunningOnSand

URP was planning to run a 15k race this morning but he showed up late and missed the start.  It was like 5 min from my house so I told him I'd drive over and we could run together.  8 miles done and 70 miles this week.

Nice!

Cyberic

Underlined part 

Bold part 

DavePNW

Congrats LRB!  Can't wait for the RR!  Now eat all the food!

+1 to all this. NYCM conquered, baby!

Allow me to be the first to address the elephant in the room and wonder what happened. He was trained up & ready for it, but was way off his goal pace right from the start. Of course it’s a marathon, so could be anything. We’ll hear all about it soon enough.

Dave

DavePNW

18 miles with 10 at GMP. Pretty much nailed it. Although as always, it was hard work, and felt like no way I could hold that for 26.2.

73 for the week.

Dave

From the Internet.

Congratulations LRB!

Lauren that would be good. Would your daughter join or does she prefer soccer?

She wants to try it, but I'm not going to push her and have told her that if she doesn't like it that's OK. She cried after her first-ever mile last year and quit another youth running group after ~3 sessions in the spring, but she didn't like that they did a lot of games and stuff - might be more interested in actual training (she has improved A LOT in soccer and she works hard there).

LRB

Allow me to be the first to address the elephant in the room and wonder what happened. He was trained up & ready for it, but was way off his goal pace right from the start. Of course it’s a marathon, so could be anything. We’ll hear all about it soon enough.

That elephant was on my back. lol

DavePNW

Local guy I know from races & Strava was going for a 2:55, for time qualifier for Berlin. He ran a 2:54:42. He’s about 56 years old. JHC.

Dave

onemile

+1 to all this. NYCM conquered, baby!

If it was anything like my NYCM, I felt like garbage from the start