Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 35 times)

onemile

I ran 6. cold and icy out.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Next time I race I'll be in the 50-54 (or 50-59) AG. Exciting!!! Ok, not really.

I've been looking around at some of the local 5Ks for something different than what I usually run.  Aside from entry fees of $35-40, I've noticed that the oldest age group is often 60-99 and I've even found one race where it's 50-99.  It can be tough trying to place when you're competing against runners 13-23 years younger.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

I've been looking around at some of the local 5Ks for something different than what I usually run.  Aside from entry fees of $35-40, I've noticed that the oldest age group is often 60-99 and I've even found one race where it's 50-99.  It can be tough trying to place when you're competing against runners 13-23 years younger.

Really? Never seen that

LRB

I ran 6. cold and icy out.

Are you sending temps in the 20s my way ffs?

DavePNW

Really? Never seen that

Depends on the size of the race and how many AG awards they want to spring for.

Dave

Cyberic

I don't think they give away AG awards around here. They have the rankings, but I've never had an AG award. I don't place often, but I have on a couple of occasions and yeah. My drawer is full of finishers medals, but no AG award.

onemile

Are you sending temps in the 20s my way ffs?

sorry 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

This is about as parsimonious as I've seen:

Awards: Overall Male/Female, First place K,1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th grades, First Male/Female 12-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50+

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Tried 'em out for 3.1 miles just now.... nope, sadly they are not the ones for me. My toes felt just a little too snug from the start, but by mile 2 my feet were tingling.

I'm returning them and getting the other one he suggested- the Brooks Adrenaline.

All in all, most likely I will be running in my newest Richocets.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

KCRuns

I went to the gym during lunch and tried to run on the treadmill.  I slow jogged a little, but just didn't feel right today, so I walked for a while after that.  Ended up with 2 miles total.  I did feel better when I finished than when I started so yay for doing something rather than nothing at all.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Packet pickup started at 4pm so I walked from the office and already did mine.  I am two blocks from it.  Score!

Damaris

LRB

sorry 

I've been needing a pair of 28 - 32 degree gloves for over two years now. I am taking a vow right now that I'm not running in those temps this year until I do dammit. The ones I have are either too heavy or waaaaay too light. I've bought like four pairs online but that was a waste of money. I need to go inside of a store and try them on.

DavePNW

I've been needing a pair of 28 - 32 degree gloves for over two years now. I am taking a vow right now that I'm not running in those temps this year until I do dammit. The ones I have are either too heavy or waaaaay too light. I've bought like four pairs online but that was a waste of money. I need to go inside of a store and try them on.

How many glove temperature brackets are there?

Dave

Runshortii

I need a heavier set of gloves too. 

I ran 7 with 8x 1 on 2 off. It was 25 degrees with a real feel of like 18  on the bright side I finally bought a pair of those athleta tights onemile has and OMG I LOVE THEM! So soft and so warm

From the Internet.

Re: 28-32 degree gloves, I got these as a gift a few years ago and I LOVE THEM: https://www.trailheads.com/power-stretch-womens-running-gloves-printed-black/

7 easy miles and stepping into a coaching role for a bunch of local kids including my own. 7 of them turned out for a track workout today and did great. Mine averaged 1:37 for 5x400 - pretty evenly split and no tears!