Beginners and Beyond

Victory over Violence 5k - not a RR (Read 46 times)

From the Internet.

Nice job Sly, and great picture! Triple floater, how often does that happen?

Yes, knees up.

Don't land and then push/ thrust. Start the push before your foot hits the ground. * note: this only works if your foot land under or behind your hips, not in front.

I read the Runners World article with Meb this week at the dentist and have been focusing all week on keeping my knees up, which he said would also get you less time with contact on the ground.  That was actually one of our rules at the HM and even our recovery run yesterday- knees up!  No kicking rocks!  So maybe there's hope with some practice.

This is something I need to work on I think - definitely going to try it on my next run. I kick rocks all the damned time.

happylily

I feel speed oozing from that pic! Very nice!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Nice photo. Congratulations.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LRB

That's a really cool pic Sly.

Some of the highest floaters are shot at the fastest speeds.

Cyberic

Wow! Great multi-floater pic! Congrats to you, to PAD, and to your team mates!

Sweet pic, Sly!  Congrats!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wow, what a great photo!  Congrats on your race!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt