Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 34 times)

LRB

Would it still come down to next week for the Lions?

Yes, they have two shots to get in...or three I suppose, as they could lose out and still get in. But tonight is just big because they usually fold under the bright lights, unlike the teams of the 90s who played some of their best ball against the toughest teams and circumstances.  Not always, but enough to where you could never count them out.  Whereas with these bitches, everyone has a check mark in the loss column already!

onemile

First day of training with an on-line coach.

I imagine most of the first month or so is her just getting to see how well I respond to the workouts.

Today was just an easy 5 with 2 X 100 strides (I did 3 - overachiever.  .)

This gives me a 4th on-line log book - Running Ahead, Garmin Connect, Strava, Final Surge - glad they all sync directly from Garmin Connect.

Who is your coach?

onemile

8 miles for me. My runs have been faster lately but I still feel really slow and heavy and sluggish. Kind of weird.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Throw some Kahlua and Grand Mariner with that and you'll have the makings of one of my all time favorite drinks.

Yumma!

Yes!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Did Pilates and that is is for today.  Have a sore throat from the inhaler yesterday and of course, I wondered if I really needed it then.  I hate how it screws my throat up.

Damaris

Bruichladdich and Glenlivet 15/18!

ETA and Laphroaig

I have Macallan and Balvenie in my cupboard right now. 

Dave

Runshortii

5 easy miles and some pilates/strength training.

SO bought me one of the new apple watches for Christmas, which are supposed to be GPS enabled.  He said something along the lines of "maybe you can use this eventually instead of your garmin", which I love apple products but my garmin is my baby.  Anyway, I wore both watches for my run today.  For the first 2.5 miles I turned the bluetooth and location settings off on my phone (because if the apple watch is really GPS enabled it should be GPS enabled with or without my phone's bluetooth and location settings on).  Apple watch was .50 miles off my garmin and 2 minutes slower mile pace .  When I turned my phone's bluetooth and location settings back on, then the watch matched my garmin, but I don't always run with my phone especially when I race so....doesn't look like I'll be ditching the garmin anytime soon. Not sure if I'm just doing something wrong, because from what I've read online the GPS is supposed to be fairly accurate.

LRB

SO bought me one of the new apple watches for Christmas, which are supposed to be GPS enabled.  He said something along the lines of "maybe you can use this eventually instead of your garmin"

One of those few times you say, "Oh my, you shouldn't have" and meant it. lol

One of those few times you say, "Oh my, you shouldn't have" and meant it. lol

I don't think my wife would buy me any electronic device unless she knew exactly what I wanted. Ironically, everyone in the familiy got an expensive electronic device this year except me. I bought DW a new iPad, we bought DS a new iPhone, and DD a PS4. I got the aforementioned ginormous bottle of Bailey's.

Dave

Zelanie

I got the aforementioned ginormous bottle of Bailey's.

"We think you might need this for the year ahead."

"We think you might need this for the year ahead."

You think it's gonna last till next year?

Dave

No more marathons

Who is your coach?

Maggie Callahan.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!