Beginners and Beyond

Up and At 'Em Saturdailies (Read 26 times)

RunningOnSand

Thanks for the props on my race.  It was a tough course...much more uphill than I was expecting, although it didn't really bother me since I wasn't running at a true race effort.  The course was not marked and the person in front of me was so far ahead that they were out of sight, so I had to count on the course cops for directions.  At one point the road forked with no volunteer or marking to show me which way, and I legit had no idea which way to go, but I correctly guessed left.  I had to shout to some lady out doing yard work if she saw runners going that way, and she assured me I was on course and had to take the next right after the graveyard.  Smile  Anyway, it was a fun race and I enjoyed doing one again.  7:03 pace for the race, at a true tempo effort.  I am probably 20-30 seconds off what my tempo pace was during Boston training, but I'll get that back quickly since my injury seems to be mostly behind me.  Top three in each gender each got cash and a trophy, and I was fifth male.  That's how things usually go for me but that's ok.

My medal was nice though.

And standing on top of a podium was fun.  I don't get to physically stand on top of a race podium very often.

Nice!! Congrats, Baboon! I love it that you took first in your AG even with you not racing at full effort. #badass #baboonTheBadass

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice!! Congrats, Baboon! I love it that you took first in your AG even with you not racing at full effort. #badass #baboonTheBadass

Well, he can't put that under his profile pic because, ahem, I took it way before him.  But I can lend it to him if he wants me to. Wink

Damaris

DavePNW

my injury seems to be mostly behind me. 

Best news of all.

Dave

DavePNW

Well, he can't put that under his profile pic because, ahem, I took it way before him.  But I can lend it to him if he wants me to. Wink

He can be Bab Ass.

Dave

RunningOnSand

He can be Bab Ass.

Lol. Lol. Lol. YES.

Baboon, PLEASE, seriously--that is all sorts of awesome!!!

GinnyinPA

We've generally concluded that before we go in!

Was something defective or just an accident?

An accident, I think. I don't really know why it happened. It's a new to us used pop up truck camper. We've only used it on one 4 day trip. To lower the roof you first unhook a wall panel, then pull on the edge to lower it, then crank the roof down. Simple. I couldn't get the panel unhooked, for some reason, so Jim unscrewed the hook. But the panel still wouldn't drop down. He tried raising the roof. Nothing. He tried lowering the roof. Nothing. I tried to force it down. When it gave, the roof landed on my hands, which were still holding the panel. My hands got caught between the two, so essentially a couple of hundred pounds of roof was squeezing the hands against the panel. I couldn't get my fingers out for a minute or more. (Felt like forever at the time.) The pain was excruciating. Fortunately, ice, rest and Advil have greatly lessened the swelling and pain. I'll be fine in a couple of days.

LRB

And standing on top of a podium was fun.  I don't get to physically stand on top of a race podium very often.

I've never done it, so you win, again. Nice job choosing the correct path, that's inexcusable.