Beginners and Beyond

Boeing Seal Beach 5k RR (Read 51 times)

From the Internet.

Nice!! Congrats on the PR Brill!

onemile

Now I just need to hold that pace for another 23 miles and I've got a BQ! 

MTA: the BQ is not a real short term goal.  I'll be running a 5k again on July 4 and would love to shave 14 seconds off and come in at 26:59.  Based on the last couple of years' results, I might actually have a shot at an AG award if I do that.  So I'll keep up with the intervals for the next few weeks.

It can happen!

Nice job smashing your goal pace.

delicate flower

Nice job!  A Monday PR in the warmth!  Gotta love it.

He stayed on my elbow for a LONG time; I could hear him breathing!

This is one reason I am glad I've ditched the headphones in races (been a couple of years now).  You'd miss out on stuff like this.  It's kind of cool to pass someone, hear them sucking wind, and think to yourself, "He done...he won't beat me."

<3

music_girl117

Jeez, you smoked your PR!!  And your splits look perfect.  What a well-executed race, congrats!   And I'm glad you made it past the guy that kept speeding up when you tried to pass.  It's all part of running but still kind of annoying, at least in my opinion. 

PRs:

5k - 22:53  (May 2015)

10k - 50:00 (unofficial; part of 20k race, March 2015); 50:33 (official; July 2016)

HM - 1:48:40  (Apr. 2015)

happylily

Great race and PR! Congratulations!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Brilliant

This is one reason I am glad I've ditched the headphones in races (been a couple of years now).  You'd miss out on stuff like this.  It's kind of cool to pass someone, hear them sucking wind, and think to yourself, "He done...he won't beat me."

Oh my gosh I had headphones on and could still hear him!  (of course he could probably hear me, too...doesn't 5k pace REQUIRE heavy breathing?)

Brilliant

Jeez, you smoked your PR!!  And your splits look perfect.  What a well-executed race, congrats!   And I'm glad you made it past the guy that kept speeding up when you tried to pass.  It's all part of running but still kind of annoying, at least in my opinion. 

Thanks. Smile  The funny thing was I didn't care about beating him or passing him (I didn't consider this a race against anyone except myself).   It's just that he was slowing me down and I needed to get around him to get my pace back.  Who knows, maybe me passing him helped him out, too, if he decided he wanted to keep up with my very-slightly faster pace.

Zelanie

¡Bien hecho!   ¡Mantuviste un buen ritmo! 

PR at a free race!  Nice!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Valid tactic!  but not speed up just a few feet.

That kind of speed up is the one where you smirk to yourself as you know he is about to give up.  (Notice little ones do the same thing right before walking.  Wink )

Good Job!

bluerun

Super B****

That's a pretty substantial PR, especially for a hot sunny race.  Congrats!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog