Beginners and Beyond

Its melting TuesDAILIES (Read 42 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

onemile - I didn't mean you wouldn't want to race NYC (my second best marathon time was NYC), but my intent was don't ignore the surroundings and take it all in.  You'll never find another marathon like NYC unless you don't pay attention and notice it. 

LM - Glad to see you're out running!  How did it feel?  And yes, I use coasters.

bluerun - Yes, rock climbing will do that to you.  Don't ask me about my free solo experiences .

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

bluerun

Super B****

bluerun - Yes, rock climbing will do that to you.  Don't ask me about my free solo experiences .

Tell me about your free solo experiences!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

Surf City!!!!

I have not run the OC Marathon or Longbeach. Both on my list when the state is not bursting on fire...

Oh that was one of my other guesses. They look hot as hell. I don't know how you people in hot climates run in such heat!

RunningOnSand

ROS - if you're looking for a fall race, Erie is flat and shady but a bit crowded, I think, as it's all paved park trail. Wineglass in Corning, NY is supposed to be a good one, with autumn color and a net downhill. Corning Museum was really interesting and the area is lovely. Niagara Falls is another interesting one. I haven't done any of them, but have friends who have done all three. I'd like to do them, but training in summer is hard for me.

Great to know. I've heard great things about Wineglass.

RunningOnSand

The people are super nice, but Sacramento has all the appeal of a golf ball. And the term net downhill as it applies to that course is pure lawyerspeak. It's like saying the Bahamas have a winter.

LOL. Okay, CIM is out for sure, then.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh that was one of my other guesses. They look hot as hell. I don't know how you people in hot climates run in such heat!

It was hot. I ran the HM with hubby and there is a portion of the race (like 6.5 miles) that are straight towards the sun.  And it's the last half of the race so it was nice and toasty (because they start at 9am or something like that). I got a nice tan.

Damaris

hog4life

Diff'rent strokes. You can go to a whole lot of minor league baseball games for the price of a single World Series ticket, but a lot of people would still choose the latter.

Excellent point!