Beginners and Beyond

"Feed Me" Tuesday Penguins! (Read 36 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Oh my gosh, it's LEW!!!!!  Hey man, how are you??  We've missed you!!

"groans of happiness in person" that sounds naughty!  hey everybody! I'm back.  Are we talking about food? I love food. I have really been craving some chicago style stuffed pizza 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Sigh... Just can't do 650-700 miles for some cookies, oh well. Tongue

Wuss.  Big grin

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

From the Internet.

QOTD- I guess my favorite "regional" food, if you don't count VooDoo Donuts, would be hazelnuts.  But you have to call them "filberts" out here.

WHOA. Mind blown - I never realized that those were the same thing, we've always called them filberts in my family (salty old New Englanders).

Busy busy - lots of data analysis, very little internet time. Got in ~3.8 miles this morning, yesterday I did my 1 mile warmup outside instead of on the treadmill before gym time. QOTD -  my choice would have to be clam chowdah!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Gettiing hungry for   Chicago pizza after 4.5 miles in 38*, windy conditions (no precip).  Broke out the tights.  10 minute break when our UPS driver stops on a busy street to show us his pix from first HM.  We tried to avoid him, but he tracked us down.  Thought they are on a tight schedule????

Hi Lew !!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Hey guys!  I've been following on my phone all day.  I didn't get a chance to log on this morning because I'm trying to get extra sleep.  You know that whole, "Get extra sleep during your taper", crap.  Anyway, I'm home from work and have to go get my last tempo run in.  I'll miss you tempo run Cry  Anyway, I'll try to catch up later, but I have a "to do" list for work tonight as well.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Gettiing hungry for   Chicago pizza after 4.5 miles in 38*, windy conditions (no precip).  Broke out the tights.  10 minute break when our UPS driver stops on a busy street to show us his pix from first HM.  We tried to avoid him, but he tracked us down.  Thought they are on a tight schedule????

Hi Lew !!!

Pizza, nice weather.  Stop enticing Chicago.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

Sorry Scotty - didn't mean to omit you. Afraid I can't do your lawn.  DH just sent our mower to get fixed, so our already too long grass is going to turn into a meadow before it gets cut.  But maybe I'll finally be able to start it without having to call Jim.

Jack - I was raised in Tucson, just a few miles from Sabino Canyon on the Northeast side.    I love the greenery in Pennsylvania, and having water in the streams and autumn colors, but I still miss the desert and the mountains, even after 25 years away.

Lew - that Pizza looks scrumptious.  My salad for dinner just doesn't compare.

Didn't end up running at all today.  We went to Carlisle to the running shoe store to get shoes for my husband, who is even harder to fit than I am.  I ended up buying a pair of Asics I don't really need, but as long as we were there . . . Jim bought a pair of shoes that are probably too narrow, but they fit in the store just fine.  Afterwards we took Ben for a short hike in a Nature Conservancy area we hadn't visited before.  A nice day.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ginny: Haha... guess where my first marathon is? Yes, Tucson!

Zelanie

Got my tempo miles in.  The biggest thing I need to train with those is my brain.  I swear I spend the first half lagging a bit because I'm so worried about how I'll feel in the next half.  Then towards the end I am finally warmed up and relaxed.  I just need to chill and stop worrying that I won't be able to do them.

Scotty- You are making me look forward to my trip even more!  I hope it's how you described it. Smile

HsM- I have been badly misjudging the sunset, too.  Last night I got home from my run after dark, and realized that I was out in a black jacket with black shorts and no lights.  But it wasn't dark when I left the house!

Zelanie

Oh, and I just realized that the real regional item for Oregon is probably the microbrew.  I hear that you have them all over the country, now, but we had them first!

Bin Running

Ginny, surpisely the 32K didn't feel much harder than HM.. but also becos I didn't race it hard enuff.. Tongue

Just back from the clinic and DD reading has dropped to 247.. Anything above 255 called for admission.. So, that's good news.. Her reading dropped from 293 > 278 > 247.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar