Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES are for doing sweaty things. (Read 34 times)

sdWhiskers

Humidity and temps are rising.  By Friday and Saturday, in Baltimore its supposed to be mid 90s and humid. If you're near the harbor,  there's a 1 mile race on Saturday.

Yeah, no thanks

We're staying with friends for the weekend that live sorta between Baltimore and DC. Then it's off to my parents' house in Pennsyltucky for the July 4th week. Where running will be dodging tractors, horse poop, loose farm dogs and redneck trucks that swerve to try and hit me.

LRB

Oh, and this is also weird, but re: running fast and hamstring getting pissed off, I haven't done any type of speed work/fast stuff in ages. And I noticed this morning, before my run, that my hamstring issue was no longer (this is after like...since last November of it bothering me...I mean not to the severity of Dave's, but enough for me to be like, WTF man?!).

Tell me about it. My ass cheek had been a niggle for most of August and into September, then it blew up after my half marathon on September 23rd and I've been dealing with it ever since. Every time I think I'm past it which includes a 3 month stretch of nothing but easy runs (that's THREE MONTHS!) I'll run something fast and it resets itself all the way back to day one. Wah. 

RunningOnSand

Lol it wasn't quite that bad. But it's taken me years to get up it without walking. One of the few hills around here where it is scary when running down it.

My personal trainer competes in Spartan races. It is normal for him to get 2-3K ft in a 5 mile run, and he's not power hiking. Sometimes he wears a weighted vest to make it extra fun.

"Fun".

Big grin

RunningOnSand

Tell me about it. My ass cheek had been a niggle for most of August and into September, then it blew up after my half marathon on September 23rd and I've been dealing with it ever since. Every time I think I'm past it which includes a 3 month stretch of nothing but easy runs (that's THREE MONTHS!) I'll run something fast and it resets itself all the way back to day one. Wah. 

That's bull roar. Ugh. I hear you, though. This seems to be an irritable little fucker (it seems very similar with all of us). 

I just ran a fartlek workout this morning and I'm crossing my fingers that I don't wake up with it pissing and moaning at me. 

RunningOnSand

Yeah, no thanks

We're staying with friends for the weekend that live sorta between Baltimore and DC. Then it's off to my parents' house in Pennsyltucky for the July 4th week. Where running will be dodging tractors, horse poop, loose farm dogs and redneck trucks that swerve to try and hit me.

Also sounds "fun". (the horse poop and tractor dodging I can deal with (I have relatives that live in farm town USA so I am also familiar with this), but the loose farm dogs (who usually mean no harm but are still scary AF when they run out barking at you) and the redneck truck drivers that swerve to hit you...no thank you. I'm sorry you have to deal with that shiz).

onemile

Where running will be dodging tractors, horse poop, loose farm dogs and redneck trucks that swerve to try and hit me.

I loooove redneck running 

My mom's moving out of the sticks soon and it will be nice not having to run "up north"

onemile

I ran 5 miles

LRB

I loooove redneck running 

I tried that in West Virginia once. Sheeit, I felt like a ham sandwich at a grizzly bear convention!

LRB

I ran 5 miles

Feeling better?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It was already at 85 by 9 AM, and humid... or sunny....  both are awful in my opinion. Otherwise I would have planned to run with Dorian in the stroller this afternoon/evening, but not in this crap.

I'm really pissed off with this congestion shit, my skull feels like it is crushing my brain. We've got like 5 days left of June, I'm at 92 miles and I can't freaking drag myself out the door to get in another 8 miles!!!! 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yeah, no thanks

20 minutes away then. If you're in the Columbia area, tons of shaded paths.

onemile

Feeling better?

somewhat. kept the effort very easy since I have a hill workout tomorrow

onemile

It was already at 85 by 9 AM, and humid... or sunny....  both are awful in my opinion. Otherwise I would have planned to run with Dorian in the stroller this afternoon/evening, but not in this crap.

I'm really pissed off with this congestion shit, my skull feels like it is crushing my brain. We've got like 5 days left of June, I'm at 92 miles and I can't freaking drag myself out the door to get in another 8 miles!!!! 

when I am sick I find it hard to motivate to run but it's almost guaranteed you'll feel better after you're done.

LRB

That's 2.7 miles each of the next 3 days.

onemile

That's 2.7 miles each of the next 3 days.

or a three miler and a 5 miler