Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Slippery when wet (Read 37 times)

Cyberic

Yep, all because of you. Life was so simple before...

Cyberic

They are going to open a gym where I work within the next few months. I think I would rather use my treadmill at home though.  Netflix and my fan...

The building where I work has built 2 showers about a year ago, because of demands by bike and run commuters. 3 months ago, a gym appeared in the building, an Econo-Fitness. I dunno if you have those in the States, but the idea is that they don't charge much every month, but you have to pay a dollar for two minutes of water in the shower. Do what do the cheapos do? They use the building's 2 free showers. Problem is commuters like me, or people who do sports at lunch, don't have access to the showers because the Econo-Gym enthusiasts are using them while saving a buck. It's almost back to square one for me.

LRB

That's the first non-headlamp run for me in over 3 months.  I was due.

Geezus, that's like an entire season!

onemile

So, a friend of mine uses the same coach I do and she also just ran CIM.  Our training for CIM was very similar (prior to that and early on it was not) - she had a bit less MPW but as we got close to the race, we mostly had the same workouts.

Anyway, since starting back running, again we are having similar schedules - she is training for Boston in April.  She was concerned that her long runs were still only at 12 miles (I was given 13 this week)  so she expressed those concerns to our coach and then she went and upped BOTH of our mileage this week making my long run 15 and giving me over 60 miles.... 

LRB

So, a friend of mine uses the same coach I do and she also just ran CIM.  Our training for CIM was very similar (prior to that and early on it was not) - she had a bit less MPW but as we got close to the race, we mostly had the same workouts.

Anyway, since starting back running, again we are having similar schedules - she is training for Boston in April.  She was concerned that her long runs were still only at 12 miles (I was given 13 this week)  so she expressed those concerns to our coach and then she went and upped BOTH of our mileage this week making my long run 15 and giving me over 60 miles.... 

I would run 12 or 13.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oops. and you were not the one that asked.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It only took me 6 days with my car (3 of those in Houston, mind you) to notice the bumper has no trunk open button. Back to the shop you go until incompetent people fix this shit.

Damaris

Runshortii

6 miles outside. Was worried about it being icy, but it wasn't bad at all. Last night off and then back to my three 12 hour shifts. 

Thats is awesome those of you that have gyms at your work. I wish we did. I could run to work, but I would have  nowhere to shower...not sure my patients would appreciate that 

onemile

I ran 8, some with the dogs

onemile

My knee from yesterday's TM fall:

And a cute dog pic to make up for it:

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ouch and awwww.

Lifted after Pilates.  Both sessions were painless and I bent the knee left and right a lot.

Damaris

LRB

6 miles outside. Was worried about it being icy, but it wasn't bad at all. Last night off and then back to my three 12 hour shifts. 

Thats is awesome those of you that have gyms at your work. I wish we did. I could run to work, but I would have  nowhere to shower...not sure my patients would appreciate that 

Some people use wipes in lieu of a shower. I never have because I sweat like a fat pig. lol

LRB

My knee from yesterday's TM fall:

Oof, that looks painful.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training.

There is a gym at the parent company, but it is on the opposite side of the campus from where I work.Parking is either pay or leave it on the street and pray, so I've never joined. In the fall, there was an early morning running group, but no showers at work, so I guess it was mostly people who live in the general area. We do have free yoga classes once a week, I've never gone.

Onemile, that looks painful. Cute pup.

Docket, how do you screw that up?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Strength training.

There is a gym at the parent company, but it is on the opposite side of the campus from where I work.Parking is either pay or leave it on the street and pray, so I've never joined. In the fall, there was an early morning running group, but no showers at work, so I guess it was mostly people who live in the general area. We do have free yoga classes once a week, I've never gone.

Onemile, that looks painful. Cute pup.

Docket, how do you screw that up?

No idea.  Only thing I could think of is that it was an add on piece that the dude didn't know about?  The bumper is still in my carport half destroyed so if he didn't know Lincoln, and the bumper was not there, he wouldn't know?  Cause otherwise, they are all idiots.

Damaris