Beginners and Beyond

5K breakthrough -- thoughts on how to do it and sort of an RR (pics added) (Read 71 times)

LRB

Of course, you're right!

I am going to race in your homeland someday for sure though...provided my stupid leg does not break off.

Maybe we'll make it one big party.

Ho. Ly. Fuck. That's all I have to say. You're getting to be on of the fastest guys in all of RA.

I am going to race in your homeland someday for sure though...provided my stupid leg does not break off.

I had Amherstburg on my to-do list, but since I will be on the other side of the country, sadly not anymore.

Dave

LRB

I had Amherstburg on my to-do list, but since I will be on the other side of the country, sadly not anymore.

I am sure BP will have a litany of races for you to choose from. lol

happylily

Amherstburg isn't far from Detroit. If Jay doesn't show up, YOU could win the race! And Jenny could win the women's race. Maybe I could finish 2nd if I can ever get my sh!t back together... Would that be called a Dailies trifecta?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Would that be called a Dailies trifecta?

No, that's called some good shit you're drinking. lol

I think I talked to the organizers of that race at the Detroit expo one year, they were some pretty cool peeps. Is it in May? I still want to do the Toronto Scotia Bank race in October but am starting to think I should make these races half marathons instead.

happylily

No, that's called some good shit you're drinking. lol

I think I talked to the organizers of that race at the Detroit expo one year, they were some pretty cool peeps. Is it in May? I still want to do the Toronto Scotia Bank race in October but am starting to think I should make these races half marathons instead.

Amherstburg is in September. A warm month, but it's by the lake (river? Can't remember...) so it's not too bad. Pancake flat. Toronto Waterfront is great. But if you want a big PR, go to Hamilton (40 minutes outside of Toronto), on November 1st. That's where I'll be. Jay could probably win that one as well and it's a bigger race, with about 1000 runners.

Lily - I will be in Boston, yes!   It may not be a PR attempt, but we'll see.  The 5K was just the last speedwork session Wink.

B+B runners cleaning up the top spots somewhere, eh?  I like that plan.

happylily

Lily - I will be in Boston, yes!   It may not be a PR attempt, but we'll see.  The 5K was just the last speedwork session Wink.

B+B runners cleaning up the top spots somewhere, eh?  I like that plan.

You, crazy runner.

I am sure BP will have a litany of races for you to choose from. lol

Does that mean I need to start running? 

Dave