Beginners and Beyond

SUNDAYlies are up early to make new friends (Read 29 times)

onemile

Ran 19 with the group @7:25 mpm

Over 20 total for the day.

Might as well be marathon training!!!

From the Internet.

Windy as all hell, wow. 1:41:15, plus warmup and cooldown for 19 total, on tired legs at the end of a 70 mile week. I could not possibly be happier with that given how tough the wind was Big grin I'll be well under 1:40 for a fall half, so that's exciting! Big grin

Cyberic

Might as well be marathon training!!!

I know, right? Didn't think we'd be running that long. Didn't have any water or nothing. But I wasn't gonna quit, you know. I have my pride

Cyberic

8. Every single step was a struggle. My legs were dead.

If I run tomorrow, I might quote this, but change the number for a lower one.

Cyberic

Windy as all hell, wow. 1:41:15, plus warmup and cooldown for 19 total, on tired legs at the end of a 70 mile week. I could not possibly be happier with that given how tough the wind was Big grin I'll be well under 1:40 for a fall half, so that's exciting! Big grin

Great job! You're training your butt off. Glad the results are there for you.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, Lauren!

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Great job on the HM, Lauren!!

And +1 to the wind.  I had a 90 minute run:

10 min warm up

10 min tempo (7:08 pace)

2 min jog

10 min tempo (7:02 pace)

40 min easy

15 min tempo (6:56 pace)

3 min cool down

It worked out so that nearly all of the tempo was into a headwind.  Urgh.  I'm happy with the effort...my legs were tired and heavy from a 12 hour training week.

<3

Cyberic

Great job on the HM, Lauren!!

And +1 to the wind.  I had a 90 minute run:

10 min warm up

10 min tempo (7:08 pace)

2 min jog

10 min tempo (7:02 pace)

40 min easy

15 min tempo (6:56 pace)

3 min cool down

It worked out so that nearly all of the tempo was into a headwind.  Urgh.  I'm happy with the effort...my legs were tired and heavy from a 12 hour training week.

Nice. That last 15 minutes must have been hard. Even the anticipation in that 40 minutes stretch that you still had a 15 minutes Tempo to do must have been hard.

No more marathons

Well done.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Baboon

delicate flower

Nice. That last 15 minutes must have been hard. Even the anticipation in that 40 minutes stretch that you still had a 15 minutes Tempo to do must have been hard.

Yes and yes!  My legs were feeling pretty tired midway through the run and I considered blowing off the last 15 tempo and running easy, but I figured I'd give it a try and see how it went.  I was pleasantly surprised at the pace I was able to run.  I was thinking it'd be 7:30 if I was lucky.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Nice race Lauren!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Hi all.

I run solo because I can't keep up with anyone. lol. For real.

Yesterday was a group supported long run. I got lost. At least hubby was waiting for me afterward. I guess that just means that they all trusted I was OK. I was.

Debating on Rock CF half next weekend. If I can find a ride I may go. Too bad I'm not pr ready. The last time (and first time) that I raced it I smashed my pr but didn't know I was eligible to bang the gong. Disappointed I missed that opportunity. That gong is going to get whacked real hard someday. ☺

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Runshortii

Great job Lauren!! You've been working hard, you deserve it.

I ran 12. Beautiful day for a run other than some wind, and that white crap is all pretty much melted.

I don't remember the last time I ran a training run with someone. I've thought about going to meet the local running club on Saturdays for long runs, but it's like a 30 minute drive from my house, and if I work the night before, no bueno.  But I just found out about a smaller running club out here by me that meets sometimes not even 5 minutes from my house, so I might try to do some LRs with them.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I've never done a group run. The running club weekend runs are super early on weekends (like 7am), nope, ain't happening and the weeknight track runs are at 6:30 or 7. I get the updates for the Holabird Sports run group and really should go to the one every 3 weeks that is close by, plus, free stuff and demos, but then I'd have to actually be social and stuff.

DavePNW

15 w/8 MP. For onemile, I targeted 7:45's. And for me, I hit them.  

56 for the week.

Dave