Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 35 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I was there - but fortunately left the finish area about 30 minutes before the blast.

Not sure I can watch a movie about it.

I wasn't there and not sure if I want to watch it either. I don't mind tragic movies, etc., but if it's about events I remember, it just feels weird.

Massage therapist cracked my neck. I feel much better.

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

GETTING HYPED FOR MRT

I have a really cool plan taped to my desk.

Runner with a riding problem.

You asked! It's not like she was like 'I ran it too fast - it was supposed to be a marathon workout for BOSTON! Because I'm training for BOSTON you know. This will be my 3rd BOSTON'

That's how I heard it though.

I also asked her what kind of plan she was on, she said she was just starting but had previously done some kind of Higdon Advanced plan, and was thinking about trying Hansons. I mentioned how Hansons would definitely be a step up; she agreed, although mentioned that, well, Higdon's DID get her to Boston after all. OH YEAH, I FORGOT.

Dave

Zelanie

I have a really cool plan taped to my desk.

What is your estimated downtime?

LRB

The trouble with weeks 3 and 4, at least for me, is that you feel pretty much OK, but you're not.  So that comes out in just feeling like you're having a disappointing workout, when really the workout was fine, you're just still recovering.  At least that's my take on things.

It varies from race to race and year to year, but generally speaking, it takes about 6 weeks post-marathon before I can run all training paces effectively. That is not an absolute, but is a pretty close guide.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

What is your estimated downtime?

Christmas will be 4 weeks.  I'm going for a 1 mile run that morning.  If it isn't groovy, I'll wait 2 more weeks and try again.

Zelanie

Christmas will be 4 weeks.  I'm going for a 1 mile run that morning.  If it isn't groovy, I'll wait 2 more weeks and try again.

Now that would be an awesome Christmas present!

LRB

Christmas will be 4 weeks.  I'm going for a 1 mile run that morning.  If it isn't groovy, I'll wait 5 more LBs and try again.

FYP. Smile 

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Now that would be an awesome Christmas present!

It really is on the top of my wish list.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

FYP. Smile 

No doubt.  There is a lot of good eating coming up in the next couple of weeks.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Got off work a little early again today, this time made it home incident free, so got in 3 miles in daylight. Have an appointment to get the car looked at next week, other driver claimed responsibility, so at least that seems to be fairly painless. Did discover there is a small tear/hole in the bumper that I didn't notice yesterday.

on my way to badass

I was there - but fortunately left the finish area about 30 minutes before the blast.

Not sure I can watch a movie about it.

Understood.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran 13 with 8 @ MP on the TM, then went to get my neck cracked (oh, feeling much better), and went to Pilates.

Damaris

delicate flower

51 minutes done on the bike trainer.  Tired legs are tireder.

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I have some strange desire to run hard aerobically

A new oxymoron.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.