Beginners and Beyond

RR - Martian Marathon (Dearborn, MI), 4/12/14 (Read 84 times)

Zelanie

Love this!  You have been rocking your training lately, so glad you were able to have such a good race.  It sounds like a really strong finish to me, and you didn't fall off pace by much.

Congrats and good luck with wherever your training brings you next!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Awesome results, hardware and FE's.  HELL YEAH!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

shu_runner

I wandered over here to see if you had a race report, and you did, so yay.  Nice report and great job on getting the sub-4!  The weather sounded perfect, too.

Also very disappointed MI_Tim doesn't look like his avatar.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Sounds like you executed the race to just about perfection.  Nicely done.

You people have issues 

Love the Half

If you finish a marathon feeling strong, you are doing it way, way, wrong.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Pinktastic

What a race, Dave!!   I had a sneaking suspicion that you were going to run your next marathon without giving the rest of us advance notice, but I thought it would be something in May so I was caught off-guard like everyone else.   You have been so dedicated in recent months, and you've really been knocking out the miles.   I am thrilled for you that everything came together on race day for you!   Pinktabulous job, Dave!   Recover well, and good luck with whatever you do next!

And, I love, love, love the FE pics!   Thanks for sharing!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Dang, Dave, you not only bested your old PR, you out-and-out stomped all over the darn thing!  Congratulations!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

hog4life

Dave, congrats on the PR!

hugsy

Great job, Dave. Nice splits and way to hang in there the last 4 miles.

Thanks OOTB, Zel, Scotty, Hog, Awood, Socks, LtH, Hugsy

Pink - I had no idea you'd been keeping up, nice lurking.

Shu - Tim cleans up pretty good.

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

Congrats on the huge PR, way to go! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Just B.S.

Doing some catching up and wanted to say a belated Congrats on a great race and huge PR.
                          And to follow up with a family vacation, sweet!

I usually do my marathons in stealth mode as well. For me its out of fear of pressure, failure and

public humiliation Smile

LRB

I usually do my marathons in stealth mode as well. For me its out of fear of pressure, failure and

public humiliation Smile

Right, that way no one knows you did not meet your goal because you never said it in the first place.  lol

Just B.S.

Right, that way no one knows you did not meet your goal because you never said it in the first place.  lol

Xactly! Smile

SheCan

Congratulations on such a great race time.  I actually do think you have a BQ in you in you ever decide to go for it.  You're such a strong runner and racer.  Thank you for including the FE pics also, nice! ( I'm kinda glad to find out that MI_tim looks a little different than his profile pic.   Of course, LRB, always looks like a cutie pie.)  Anyway, you did a great job, and survived that mob of people at the race.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson