Beginners and Beyond

What the WednesDAILIES (Read 42 times)

LRB

Attempted a 5.12b on an overhang.  Comedy ensued.

Yeah but were your locks flowing?

bluerun

Super B****

Yeah but were your locks flowing?

Naturally.  They even got caught between the rope and my shoulder.  (There’s a spot that SHOULD be indigo, but is still blonde.  NBD, I have the dye and can fix it, but I paid such a shitload of money for this, I shouldn’t HAVE to.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Coastal

Haven't noticed the Ghosts being slick in the wet but the Glycerins seemed to be like that.  Did quite a bit if wet running in them and was never sure of they were actually slick or just felt that way.  The Ghosts seem pretty decent on easy runs but I haven't done any real hard running in them on wet pavement.  I'll keep it in mind.

Got in 2.5 or something like that on the TM today.  Wasn't really feeling it. That plus the fact that I forgot to pack my running shoes this morning and had to run in an old pair of Ghosts 9's turned into wear around shoes left me deciding to do a shorter run than planned.   Tried a workout called Above the Clouds.  Turned out to be a climb almost the whole time.  Guess I should have realized it.  The run was kinda fun, even if it was on a TM.  It's been a stressful week and I'm pretty tired.  Long day at work tomorrow so it will be a rest day.  Had a PT appointment this morning and he did some scraping and then taped the knee to see if tape would help.  Not sure yet.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Naturally.  They even got caught between the rope and my shoulder.  (There’s a spot that SHOULD be indigo, but is still blonde.  NBD, I have the dye and can fix it, but I paid such a shitload of money for this, I shouldn’t HAVE to.)

Is that the comedy part?  5.12b is impressive BTW.  Nice climbing!

Got 6 in last night.  Still a bit icy.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

bluerun

Super B****

Is that the comedy part?  5.12b is impressive BTW.  Nice climbing!

No, the comedy part is where it's NOT impressive -- I attempted, but gave up after a couple of falls (that involved a lot of swinging because of the overhang).  But I did make it farther than I thought I would!  If not for the overhang I might have kept trying but I suck at those in general, and when there's not a really good hold or two... forget it.

chasing the impossible

Bert-o

I lost my rama

No, the comedy part is where it's NOT impressive -- I attempted, but gave up after a couple of falls (that involved a lot of swinging because of the overhang).  But I did make it farther than I thought I would!  If not for the overhang I might have kept trying but I suck at those in general, and when there's not a really good hold or two... forget it.

Assuming it's top-rope, what sucks about overhangs is that once you fall, you're swinging like a sack of potatoes.  Then you need to be lowered far enough down to pendulum your way back to the wall.  Then climb back up again to the crux.  It's a lot of effort, so you only get two maybe three good shots at it before you're toasted for the day.  OTOH - It's fun being a spectator. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

bluerun

Super B****

Assuming it's top-rope, what sucks about overhangs is that once you fall, you're swinging like a sack of potatoes.  Then you need to be lowered far enough down to pendulum your way back to the wall.  Then climb back up again to the crux.  It's a lot of effort, so you only get two maybe three good shots at it before you're toasted for the day.  OTOH - It's fun being a spectator. 

It is top rope.  I actually don’t mind that swing as much as those off the slanted walls — you need to climb those FAST because if you stop for a rest you swing way out and getting back on is hell.  And I’m not a fast climber.  (Even though I’m the reigning speed climbing champ. 😝)

chasing the impossible