Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins are singing in the rain! (Read 21 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jerry - say what? No AC in the summer?  Not a good system, whatever it is.

Ginny, we always have the A/C available , but since our rates change every 5 minutes, the rates can be really high in late afternoon on hot days, when demand peaks.  So I just have to watch the rates and manage our a/c usage.  Our house stays pretty cool anyway.  Most of the year our rates are very cheap and can even go negative.   The idea is to reduce demand during peak periods.  It's a voluntary plan and I can go back to fixed rates any time after one year.  I like gadgets, so  I'm just experimenting with it .  To date, I might have saved only a few dollars, so it's probably not worth the trouble.  Maybe I'll should get one of those Elon Musk batteries.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Ginny - glad you avoided the rain.

I think that I'm mostly over the cold it is just the pollen that's messing with me now.  Since I was sick last week I wasn't as on top of my allergy busting cleaning (dusting/mopping/etc) and that's just catching up with me now in terms of the silly little pollen invaders making me miserable.  And yeah the wedding stuff was exhausting.  My sister is usually so type A and on top of things but she had "bride brain" or something so I had to be her brain for several days ;-)  She forgot things like the bringing the marriage license and money for the vendors to the venue, etc  Also three days in a row of parties was a bit much for me.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Glad to peek in on everyone's day - the good, the bad, the rain, the aches, the runs. I enjoyed a 40 minute aqua jog. Had the pool all to myself for the first 30 minutes. Our community pool has open Lao swim from 6:30 AM to noon. It's putting me about 15 minutes late to work, but my director is very supportive. I could go after work but then I'd be dodging all the kids. That would still be fine with me. Meanwhile, just trying to get back to a routine. I like routines.

Sleep well e-friends.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Amazonian Princess

Bacon - did you do your run?  Where is Two Cities?  How long between the two races?

I only did a little over two miles: made the mistake of reading work email after I got home and got wound up . Then my brand new "Hips Sister" gear belt rolled itself into an unsightly wad around my waist, my sunburned shoulders started itching like crazy, my legs decided they were heavy and sore, the pollen obnoxious, and I just couldn't enjoy. It's ok though, just means next time will be better 

Two Cities is in Fresno and Clovis (central California) and I'm doing the Clovis HM on November 2nd. The SJ RnR is September 26 so they're a little over a month apart. I know I can finish them both but I'd like to do better than sweeper bait. The running group I joined does track workouts on Thursdays so I'm thinking of seeing my trainer just once a week so I can add that in.

Kathleen - glad you're staying active in the pool! I wish you a good night, too 

I can. I will. I am. 

Zelanie

Bacon- Congrats on the race sign ups!

Ginny- It is very sunny here in the summer- there are hardly any clouds, and that's when power demand is the highest anyway.  You get less power in the winter, but apparently it will still produce enough to equal our average power consumption.  We're not getting a battery system to store power this time around, but it sounds like we may be able to add it down the road.