Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies: Now is the winter of our discontent (Read 44 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

NYRR Gridiron 4M this morning in Central Park. It was gorgeous out....low 40s at start time! Got to FE with bluerun and VeganAng Smile I took it very VERY easy, took walk breaks, ran at a very easy pace. Averaged about a 13:00 min/mile. But I did it, nothing hurt, and I have completed the first of 9 NYRR races I need this year in order to qualify for the 2015 NYC Marathon. And it was football themed Smile

Update on my cousin's wife (if you missed it yesterday she went to the hospital with a very bad migraine and they discovered she has a life threatening brain tumor....but her brain was too swollen to do surgery so they had to drill holes in her skull and put her in a medically induced coma until the swelling goes down): they brought her out of the medically induced coma to check for brain damage. She was able to respond and move all limbs. So that is great news! Not out of the woods yet though by any means. They put her back in the coma and if things stay ok they will perform brain surgery tomorrow to try to remove the tumor. It will be a very risky surgery so keep the prayers coming if you do that sort of thing.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Glad to hear that so far things are looking up for your cousin's wife kristin, I hope they keep looking up.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

NYRR Gridiron 4M this morning in Central Park. It was gorgeous out....low 40s at start time! Got to FE with bluerun and VeganAng Smile I took it very VERY easy, took walk breaks, ran at a very easy pace. Averaged about a 13:00 min/mile. But I did it, nothing hurt, and I have completed the first of 9 NYRR races I need this year in order to qualify for the 2015 NYC Marathon. And it was football themed Smile

Update on my cousin's wife (if you missed it yesterday she went to the hospital with a very bad migraine and they discovered she has a life threatening brain tumor....but her brain was too swollen to do surgery so they had to drill holes in her skull and put her in a medically induced coma until the swelling goes down): they brought her out of the medically induced coma to check for brain damage. She was able to respond and move all limbs. So that is great news! Not out of the woods yet though by any means. They put her back in the coma and if things stay ok they will perform brain surgery tomorrow to try to remove the tumor. It will be a very risky surgery so keep the prayers coming if you do that sort of thing.

Thanks for the update.  Hope her surgery goes well tomorrow.

Damaris

DavePNW

Good news: they plowed our street last night. Bad news: they appeared to have moved the entire contents of the street to the bottom of our driveway. Shoveled that first thing, then went to the gym for 8 miles on the treadmill followed by an hour of Vinyasa yoga. Rewarded myself with a trip to the LRS for two new pairs of shoes, since the two pair I am currently using have 510 & 540 miles on them. Kept it simple & replaced my Ravenna 4 with Ravenna 5, and Adrenaline GTX13 with Adrenaline GTX14.

Now for lunch, shower, and lounging about waiting for the Super Bowl.

Dave

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Nice, Dave!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning, kiddos!  Back to running for me today.  8.5 miles at 8:04 pace.  I was surprised my legs felt so good and that I ran that fast.  I expected to struggle a bit more.  I was sucking wind a bit though.  17 weeks until MARATHON.

Bring on Super Bowl food.

<3

Hip Redux

5ish done on the trail today.  Gorgeous day out.

Philip Seymour Hoffman dead of an apparent drug overdose at 47.   Damn shame.

Will run for scenery.

Kristen,

I don't know much about these things, but it all sounds very positive.  The fact that the pressure is being relieved and she passed all her tests seems as good as things could be at this stage. But yikes! The surgery is scary.  Sending comfort and healing vibes.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

On Sunday, February 2, 2014, I participated in the Transplants For Children Super Bowl 7K.  My report and photos are at the link below.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/4a90d1f8b8ea481cb49f04f437a438a7#focus

The rest of the day will be a lazy one of watching TV and napping in my chair.  It is rainy and miserable here in San Antonio, a good day for an old man to be napping! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

5ish done on the trail today.  Gorgeous day out.

Philip Seymour Hoffman dead of an apparent drug overdose at 47.   Damn shame.

I read that. Very sad.  And there goes Hunger Games 3.

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Kristin, glad to hear that things are going ok. Hopefully she gets past the tumor.

AFM, 14 Easy miles this morning. Working on trim work at the house. Lots and lots of little cutting. It's a real pain.

Have a great Superbowl Sunday!

- Andrew

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

So at today's 15 mile race, I went with the classic go out to fast and then crash and burn on the second half strategy, seems to be my MO lately.  Still not too bad, but I could have finished at least a couple of minutes faster with even pacing, gotta work on that. 1:47:44 for 3rd in my age group.

I think due to my less than stellar training cycle, my hopes for an open BQ will have to wait till a fall marathon (or later, who knows, I might not even run a fall marathon, might wait till Shamrock again next year).  I think I'm going to go out with the 3:15 pacer and if I feel good later in the race, maybe pick it up a lil.  That'll still be a BQ, which I will be very happy with for my first marathon.

BBQ is in the slow cooker for the SuperBowl tonight, gonna recover from the race with beer, chips and bbq. Big grin

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

StepbyStep-SH

Kristin - Prayers continue!

I ended up with 6 miles - felt pretty good, especially once I had my music going. Yoga was good, but I need to get out the foam roller later and work on my left hip and lower back again.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

Kristin, we are all with her in spirits. Let's hope for the best.

Oski, I am sad to hear that. He had great talent. I will miss him on the screen.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

After my run, I will be heading to the movies (solo this week) to check out The Lone Survivor...

This movie makes you want to go out and kick some Taliban ass!  Based on a true story, it ended with a pictorial tribute to the soldiers who lost their lives.  Very moving.