Beginners and Beyond

Workout Wednesdailies (Read 23 times)

DavePNW

I had one on the schedule. Woke up on my own at 4:50 AM, or 2:50 AM body time. OK then. Yesterday I scouted a few miles stretch of road with a nice looking asphalt path near my hotel, so went back & forth a few times on that. Ran 10 miles with 6 tempo: 7:45, 7:22, 7:22, 7:11, 6:55, 7:01. Slow start, but finished OK. I’ll take it.

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

NRD for me. Did 24 minutes on the bike and some upper body stuff.

Dave - that's an early morning and impressive tempo run!

bluerun

Super B****

4 easy miles because taper, which sucks, but I ran for 34:56, which makes me ridiculously, indescribably happy.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Baboon

delicate flower

Good morning, friends.  Woke up at 5:15 with a headache that is still lingering.  Skipped running because of it but plan on giving it a go later on.  I made it through two innings of the Red Sox game last night and wish I would have stayed up for one more inning just to see Gerrit Cole pulled in the third inning HHAHAHALOLOLOL!  Happy the Sox won but they'll be lucky to win a single game against Tampa.

<3

Workday 3.1

1.6 flat, run/walk 2 short steepish hills, then 1.1 flat.

I had been doing the little hills last but a string in the trough of the knee was nutty itchy and begging to be stretched so I did them in the middle.

Hmm, maybe I’m supposed to now do them early, hmmm.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 7. Hoping at lunch but I've been super busy.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

I just got an e-mail that I have access to the VIP tent pre and post race for Saturday's marathon....me and two family members.  SCORE.

<3

sdWhiskers

Woke up on my own at 4:20 AM,

Could not get back to sleep but did not get up to run until much later. Oops.

Ran 3 miles and got back at 830am for an 830am meeting.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I just got an e-mail that I have access to the VIP tent pre and post race for Saturday's marathon....me and two family members.  SCORE.

very cool! this is the Hartford Marathon? How's the weather looking?

Baboon

delicate flower

very cool! this is the Hartford Marathon? How's the weather looking?

Correct...Hartford Marathon.  The weather is looking really good.  Maybe not perfect, but a hell of lot better than the marathon weather I am used to.  Mid to upper 50's for most of the race, and might touch 60 the last few miles.  Dew point in the low 50's.  The last three marathons that I "raced" were 3:13, 3:18, and 3:15 with temps in the high 70's.

<3

KCRuns

3.2 easy miles

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Correct...Hartford Marathon.  The weather is looking really good.  Maybe not perfect, but a hell of lot better than the marathon weather I am used to.  Mid to upper 50's for most of the race, and might touch 60 the last few miles.  Dew point in the low 50's.  The last three marathons that I "raced" were 3:13, 3:18, and 3:15 with temps in the high 70's.

Could be worse. Chicago is set to have the highest starting temp in 13 years...

Damaris

LRB

Indeed. My 2nd and 3rd marathons were the only two that started with temps in the 40s and finished in the low 50s. Everything else I've run was OVEN save for CIM which although not cold wasn't bad.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day.

Baboon, very cool about the VIP tent. Do you get VIP POP access too?

Docket, I'm sure you are relieved you deferred.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Rest day.

Baboon, very cool about the VIP tent. Do you get VIP POP access too?

Docket, I'm sure you are relieved you deferred.

Every day I feel more relieved.

Damaris