Beginners and Beyond

Friday, April 15 (Read 51 times)

Ric-G

5 miles later and maybe go to the movies later...who knows...have a great Friday everyone

lrb - very cool, great to hear that!

eric - safe travels

scotty - happy 33rd

marathon pr - 3:16

Mmmmm...beer

Cool! I'm on the road right now, actually in a restaurant in Montpelier

Good luck to you too!!

Anyone else running Boston?

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

Good luck to all the Boston runners.

Today is my last hard run of this cycle. 2 mile warm + 2x1200 + 2x1000 + 1x800 at 6:45 pace + cool down for a total of 9 miles of torture. In a weird sort of way, I am kind of looking forward to it as it will be a good test. Plus, after this one, I'm on easy street until my HM. I may treat myself to a few cold ones tonight.

Have a good weekend.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Yes. The decision was made shortly after that stupid 16 mile run last month. Everything that followed was an attempt to try and build off of that. I fly out in the morning.

I just saw this!  YESSSSS!!!  Have a great time!

onemile

The PR will take care of itself, if you're physically able to race I would do exactly that. Race. You're not at the point in the season where humidity and dew points factor into a 3.1 mile event so go get yours!

Okay.

So are you wearing the jacket yet? 

LRB

Okay.

So are you wearing the jacket yet? 

I have not, tomorrow will be my first time. 

DavePNW

First of all, my hip has been bad this week.  It's been improving but as a result I have only run slow and easy all week.

I get hip soreness but it's actually much worse during long car trips than when running. So this would lead towards the race with minimal driving distance.

Dave

DavePNW

And you will post pics.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Do it for all us slow asses who have not earned that right yet.

<3

onemile

onemile

I get hip soreness but it's actually much worse during long car trips than when running. So this would lead towards the race with minimal driving distance.

Hmm.  This is of that variety. Worst after sitting. Better after I get moving.

Cyberic

Sitting in the apartment in Somerville, Massachusetts. Gonna hit the road soon as there isn't much to do in here other than sleep and eat Smile

Baboon

delicate flower

I am being indecisive about racing tomorrow.

I always thought if we ignore a pain and continue to train hard, an injury will naturally just fix itself.

<3

onemile

Sitting in the apartment in Somerville, Massachusetts. Gonna hit the road soon as there isn't much to do in here other than sleep and eat Smile

Are you wearing your jacket? 

onemile

I always thought if we ignore a pain and continue to train hard, an injury will naturally just fix itself.

I always thought if the pain gets better as you continue to run, you should continue to run. If I can limp through 3 miles, usually it stops hurting for the most part.