Beginners and Beyond

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! Sundailies! (Read 33 times)

DavePNW

lol. I think Clydesdale is the term used for tall/larger (not necessarily fat) or even muscular runners. You know, like the actual Clydesdale compared to say a Thoroughbred or Quarterhorse, they are all beautiful, strong animals but the Clydesdale is a powerhouse animal.

A Clydesdale is generally considered to be any runner weighing 200 lb or more.

Dave

LRB

I don't know that word or concept.

Hung like a horse, really?  We gotta get you out more.  lol

Zelanie

Rocked my LR!  It was "supposed" to be run in the 9:50s, but I was wanting to be conservative, so I took it easy and then felt good at the end.

11:52

10:22

10:16

10:17

10:12

10:15

10:05

10:18

10:14

10:01

10:00

9:55

9:46

9:44

LRB

Rocked my LR!  It was "supposed" to be run in the 9:50s, but I was wanting to be conservative, so I took it easy and then felt good at the end.

That deserves some fruit!

LRB

Animated dancing banana animated emoticon

DavePNW

You guys are fast...  seriously running your 20's fast.

I don't have 20's, I have 18's.  Even so I run them at 2:30- 2:34  around an 8:30 pace.  My last 2-4 miles is in the 7:40 to 7:45 range and is *Nowhere* near my MP.  And my legs feel like Gumby Dammit.

Of 'course I am following a different plan type.  None of my LRs have any MP pacing.  I do however have seriously long ass tempos.  12-15 milers...  and they suck.

Well I sort of intended to follow Hansons Advanced, which has LR's only every other week, and nothing longer than 16. However in the end I am following their Tuesday/Thursday quality days to the letter, but more or less doing my own thing for the rest. They do specify LR's at a pace faster than easy, at MP+10%. So I am kind of targeting that for my LR's, even though I am doing them longer & more frequently than the plan calls for. And I have been trying to do the last 1-2 miles close to GMP, mainly just to see if I can. Maybe as training wears me down, I won't be able to keep up. I am considering their midweek quality days to be sacred, so will try to make sure those don't suffer.

Dave

LRB

They do specify LR's at a pace faster than easy, at MP+10%. So I am kind of targeting that for my LR's, even though I am doing them longer & more frequently than the plan calls for. And I have been trying to do the last 1-2 miles close to GMP, mainly just to see if I can.

Do you see what I see?  It is the answer to your anxiety.

Baboon

delicate flower

Headed out for Greek chow for dinner with fellow runners now.  I'll check in later.  Or not.  But probably.  Really though I just wanted to brag about my upcoming dinner tonight.

<3

outoftheblue

That's a great looking long run.  Also, your weekly miles have been fantastic too.  I gather you are liking the Hansen's plan.

Life is good.

DavePNW

Do you see what I see?  It is the answer to your anxiety.

How could I possibly see that forest, with all those trees all over the place?

Dave

LRB

How could I possibly see that forest, with all those trees all over the place?

lol

You will figure it out sooner rather than later.  You have worked too fuckin hard and come so far not to.

Just my 2 but there is no way in hell I would do a GMP at the end of a long ass run, no frickin way.  I will and do however (as I did today), run the last mile of my long run slightly faster as a way of stretching muscle fibers and to loosen things up.

This is only 5 to 10 seconds faster though, not over a minute.  Run your GMP miles during your MP workout, that is when you are physically fresh and mentally locked and loaded.  And even then it is not easy!  lol

The long run serves a different purpose but then again, I have am no expert at this shit so feel free to dismiss everything I have said.  lol

Cyberic

lol

You will figure it out sooner rather than later.  You have worked too fuckin hard and come so far not to.

Just my 2 but there is no way in hell I would do a GMP at the end of a long ass run, no frickin way.  I will and do however (as I did today), run the last mile of my long run slightly faster as a way of stretching muscle fibers and to loosen things up.

This is only 5 to 10 seconds faster though, not over a minute.  Run your GMP miles during your MP workout, that is when you are physically fresh and mentally locked and loaded.  And even then it is not easy!  lol

The long run serves a different purpose but then again, I have am no expert at this shit so feel free to dismiss everything I have said.  NTIWKAAT lol

Fixed your post to make it more hip

LRB

Fixed your post to make it more hip

You have been Americanized, you poor thing.  Your family will not recognize you.  lol

B-Plus

lol

The long run serves a different purpose but then again, I have am no expert at this shit so feel free to dismiss everything I have said.  lol

I did some 5/10/5 last year as part of hansons 80 mpw and some 17 or 18 w/ last 14 @ mp in the past as part of Pfitz. I don't think it's a bad thing to do it fatigued and part of a LR, since the marathon itself is one long ass MP run.

Zelanie

Bananas! Actually had one just after getting in. 

OOTB- I am really liking Hansons. We will see come race day, but I have been able to bump up my mileage and even do 3 quality workouts a week (every other week) without feeling the same "drained" feeling I got with Pfitz. That's not to say I don't have my share of tired and whiny moments, but at least when the big workouts come, I seem to be ready for them. Even if they day before I can't even imagine how I could possibly get it done.

That's a great looking long run.  Also, your weekly miles have been fantastic too.  I gather you are liking the Hansen's plan.