Beginners and Beyond

Arise SunDAILIES! (Read 42 times)

Cyberic

I was not feeling it this morning. Didn't sleep well, tired, just blah. Plus some kind of rain/snow mix and strong winds. Wah wah, cry me a river. If we're healthy, we go run, that's what we do. 14 miles feeling pretty rough, although I managed to throw in the last mile at near-MP for the hell of it.

53 for the week.

Sounds like the knee is all healed up.

DavePNW

Sounds like the knee is all healed up.

I'm not declaring anything, I am just taking it as it comes.

Dave

onemile

'Morning!  I got up early and hit the gym for some weight training.  Figured I'd wait to run later in the day when it warmed up.  Well an ice storm decided to roll in, so it was back to the gym for a treadmill run.

I ran hard yesterday and figured I'd feel it today, but I got the treadmill and felt friggin great.  I wasn't going to waste that!  I decided to bang out some progressive half mile speed intervals with half mile recoveries.  I started at 6:51 pace and ended at 6:29 pace.  45 minutes, 6.15 miles, 7:19 avg pace.  Giggity.

Sushi for lunch.  Bring on football!

Are you still using your coach?

Baboon

delicate flower

Are you still using your coach?

I am.  He's pretty excited that I was able to do this today.

<3

Cyberic

And how do you feel about being coached? By him? You weren't sure at first.

onemile

I am.  He's pretty excited that I was able to do this today.

So he didn't mind that you did what you felt like rather than what was in the plan?  I kinda wondered how that worked with a coach.

Baboon

delicate flower

And how do you feel about being coached? By him? You weren't sure at first.

I didn't like starting off with two recovery weeks because I just wanted to get into it, but I hired him so I had to trust him.  It's only been a few weeks but I am already starting to show signs of improvement.  And I am certainly feeling great.  It's early though.  I still haven't tackled a long run yet.

So he didn't mind that you did what you felt like rather than what was in the plan?  I kinda wondered how that worked with a coach.

He said if I feel like doing something on a given day, then go for it.  Ultimately it is my marathon that I have to run.  My heart rate today indicates this was an easy to medium effort though, so he's happy about that.

<3

Hi dailies:

HCK - be safe in that ice

Little Blue - hah, Garmins must not be very hard to confuse

Jack - hangover run, have fun

Oski - or tower of terror?

B+ - hope the LR went well

Rick - ugh, freezing rain there too.

D - dying your hair with wine?  Just don't use riesling.

Cy - good 14.5

Marjorie - Patriots Point, eh?  It's Colts Point today AFAIAC.

Boon - no hockey out on the driveway?

Work - enjoy the alone time

Step - doh, hope you recover soon

11.6, mostly easy at the Y this morning.  Now for football and some much-needed don't-have-to-do-anything downtime.

From the Internet.

Hi kids. 11 miler this morning went well except for the pavement I ate at about 7.5 miles. All banged up now but I finished strong, even threw in some fast surges toward the end. First week of HMT complete, 34.68 miles total Smile

B-Plus

Jay - wtf? Take some time off and get fat 

18.5 done. Once I hit 18 for my LR, it makes me feel like I'm really training for a marathon. That was interesting today because I ran into my ex-gf's (from 10 years ago) uncle. He was telling me about when he ran Boston back in the day when you needed 2:50. He qualified with 2:50:24, applied, and didn't get a letter until February that he was accepted 

Go Packers!

LRB

Hi kids. 11 miler this morning went well except for the pavement I ate at about 7.5 miles.

Nice way to get some carbs down in-run. lol

BP, how do you do 18's so easily? I shiver at the thought!

Massage done, my first since two days before the marathon. And with HMT set to begin I will be reacquainting myself with Hilary and Tammy for another year over the coming weeks and months.

Little Blue

Massage done, my first since two days before the marathon. And with HMT set to begin I will be reacquainting myself with Hilary and Tammy for another year over the coming weeks and months.

Are you sure you want to share that?

B-Plus

It was my first 16+ since training for Chicago 2013. It was basically perfect weather, and I ran a 7 mile warmup with a group. Wondering if I could catch them on my way back kept me motivated, but they seemed to be about 1.5 mile ahead. I did 18 out an back and they did 14 out and back.

LRB

Are you sure you want to share that?

Let me um, ahem, clarify that.

One works Tuesday and Sunday and the other Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

I don't know if you can get a massage by two people, although with Tammy's rough handling it sure feels like it. lol

Hip Redux

I don't know if you can get a massage by two people, although with Tammy's rough handling it sure feels like it. lol

I have!