Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #214 (Read 26 times)

sdWhiskers

I ran 14 miles with DBRP and 3 others but DB thinks going slower than an 8:30 pace is of no benefit to him (a 3:22 marathoner ) so we ended up running ahead of the others for most of it. Anyway 14 miles is my longest run in awhile so there's that. I might run with them again tomorrow

Does DBRP have a jealous gf to worry about?

onemile

I don't disagree with you, but I also understand him. I was not running slow either before. People were telling me I should, but I didn't. I did not see the point. I was doing all right

I'm not suggesting anyone should intentionally run slow if they are feeling good. But aiming for an arbitrary acceptable pace cutoff? Dumb.

Anyway, that's not why he's a douche  it has nothing to do with running at all

onemile

Does DBRP have a jealous gf to worry about?

nope, he is very single (complains that he can't get a lady )

Cyberic

nope, he is very single (complains that he can't get a lady )

Is he cute? How old is he? Come on, you say he's a db, but no details on what makes him a db...

onemile

Is he cute? How old is he? Come on, you say he's a db, but no details on what makes him a db...

he's a year older than me. he's not bad looking but here's an example.

he was in a car accident a few weeks ago where another car sideswiped his car.  he got out and yelled and swore at the other driver. Called her an idiot and threatened to tell the police that she was texting while driving (which I think he had zero evidence of) and that she probably doesn't even have insurance etc etc, and he said while he was screaming at her he was laughing in his head and thought it was funny but he just wanted to make sure she took the incident seriously so he had to set the tone.

sdWhiskers

he was in a car accident a few weeks ago where another car sideswiped his car.  he got out and yelled and swore at the other driver. Called her an idiot and threatened to tell the police that she was texting while driving (which I think he had zero evidence of) and that she probably doesn't even have insurance etc etc, and he said while he was screaming at her he was laughing in his head and thought it was funny but he just wanted to make sure she took the incident seriously so he had to set the tone.

Your judgment is correct. Gross.

Cyberic

I hate it when people yell. When people don't yell back, they think they won the "argument". I don't yell back. If I do, it's because the wired have touched and I don't want that. So I usually let them yell and all the while I simply think he/she's an idiot. So much for "winning an argument".

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeap, major DB.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cyberic,  are you sure it's nutrition related? I find with heat and/or humidity,  I can run long OR hard.  I can't combine the two. Basically,  the workout portion is doable,  but I overheat, so the rest of the run is a run/walk/curse everything.

Onemike, yep, he sounds like a double.

Cyberic

Cyberic,  are you sure it's nutrition related? I find with heat and/or humidity,  I can run long OR hard.  I can't combine the two. Basically,  the workout portion is doable,  but I overheat, so the rest of the run is a run/walk/curse everything.

Onemike, yep, he sounds like a double.

Not sure, but I have to practice nutritioning anyways for the marathon, so...

KCRuns

I did 10 miles run/walk with my SIL

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am sad this race went virtual. Look at the size of the medal they sent me:

Damaris

Cyberic

geez, now that's a medal!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

geez, now that's a medal!

Makes me sad that the race said it might not come back in 2021 after 15 years...

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

But just got an email from my September HM and it's still a go! 

Limited to 750 for the HM. Since this is the same people that have done races already I wonder if the city will say OK so long as the gathering size of 250 be preserved (corrals, etc.) They released the guidelines and they look OK.

• Masks will be required for all pre- and post-race activities. Not required when running per the Governor's 4.5 stage mandate
                                • Wave starts of 250 or less will be implemented with 30 seconds between each wave.
                                • 5K start will take place 15 minutes following the last wave of the half marathon
                                • Massage and Gear Check will not be offered
                                • The Fitness Expo will be more like Packet Pickup only and will take place on Friday in Military Park spread out under tents
                                • Indiana Spine Group Pancake Village has been canceled
                                • Participants will be required to retrieve medals from a table at the finish line (verses volunteers distributing)
                                • Water cups will placed on tables. Volunteers will not be handing out cups
                                • The course may change to become a loop course to reduce the number of volunteers needed for water stops
                                • Post-race Party & Beer Garden is still under review but unlikely
                                • Sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the grounds
                                • All volunteers will be required to wear masks and gloves

Damaris