Beginners and Beyond

Treadmill or Rain? SATURDAILIES (Read 45 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The cold weather continues so I ran in 78F and 62 dewpoint.  6 X 100m done.

Had to take one of the street strays to the vet because he has lost a lot of weight and has difficulty eating.  I thought we had to put him down, but he will get a dental to help with his stomatitis and he should be back to all good.  I've been wanting to adopt him indoors so we will see after he comes out of the hospital...

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Onemile, poor Gracie! And you, that does not sound like a fun 4am trip.

Bluerun, those conditions sounds awful.

Cyberic

The cold weather continues so I ran in 78F and 62 dewpoint.  6 X 100m done.

I would have been too scared to catch a cold. i would have hit the TM.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I would have been too scared to catch a cold. i would have hit the TM.

LOL.  I saw someone wearing a LS for running.  

Damaris

Coastal

And where do you live? I don't remember.

Northern Oregon coast.  You're up around Seattle, aren't you?

Had to deal with numb hands and gels but nothing quite as bad as you.  Used to carry them in a pocket but any more I carry them in a velcro pouch on a running belt.  Easier to get out...  and then drop on the ground....

DavePNW

Northern Oregon coast.  You're up around Seattle, aren't you?

Yup, north suburbs, Mill Creek.

Where are you? My MIL lives in Lincoln City. DW grew up near Salem so is quite intimately familiar with the region. I ran the Newport Marathon in June.

Dave

RunningOnSand

I don’t use any race shirts but use them for cold races so I can toss them out at the start.

This is exactly what I do, unless I happen to get a really cool shirt (has happened exactly 1x so far).

RunningOnSand

Onemile, I'm sorry to hear the Gracie stuff continues. Sad Poor girl. And poor you--4am on a weekend vet visit sounds miserable.

SRD here. I went to one of those Floatation Tank therapy sessions today. https://youtu.be/P3sfGfPFDxU I oscillated from complete elation to hysteria. Not over feeling claustrophobic at all, but it's literally just you. And your thoughts. Without doing ANYTHING. You're just floating there, wondering if the end-timing-light is really going to work or if they're just going to forget about you. With that said, now what I know how it works I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

DavePNW

SRD here. I went to one of those Floatation Tank therapy sessions today. https://youtu.be/P3sfGfPFDxU I oscillated from complete elation to hysteria. Not over feeling claustrophobic at all, but it's literally just you. And your thoughts. Without doing ANYTHING. You're just floating there, wondering if the end-timing-light is really going to work or if they're just going to forget about you. With that said, now what I know how it works I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Did you transform into some kind of primordial protoplasm, lIke William Hurt in Altered States?

Dave

RunningOnSand

Did you transform into some kind of primordial protoplasm, lIke William Hurt in Altered States?

YES.

I actually was wondering at points (during the 90 minute session ! ) if I had actually died. Or whether I had somehow gone back in time into my mother's womb again. It was wild. And really cool.

DavePNW

YES.

I actually was wondering at points (during the 90 minute session ! ) if I had actually died. Or whether I had somehow gone back in time into my mother's womb again. It was wild. And really cool.

I assume you also employed his strategy of dropping acid before getting in the tank.

Dave

RunningOnSand

I assume you also employed his strategy of dropping acid before getting in the tank.

who told?!  

Coastal

Yup, north suburbs, Mill Creek.

Where are you? My MIL lives in Lincoln City. DW grew up near Salem so is quite intimately familiar with the region. I ran the Newport Marathon in June.

Some day I want to run the Newport Marathon, too, just have to keep healthy enough

I have a sister up in Marysville.

Yeah, we've got similar weather.  Rain and more rain with frequent wind and more rain.    I'm north of Lincoln City - - up in Tillamook County.  If you drove 101 it is the area that smells the most like like cow crap (dairy farms).  We call it the smell of money and tourists come in and gag, but the locals rarely even notice.

DavePNW

Some day I want to run the Newport Marathon, too, just have to keep healthy enough

I have a sister up in Marysville.

Yeah, we've got similar weather.  Rain and more rain with frequent wind and more rain.    I'm north of Lincoln City - - up in Tillamook County.  If you drove 101 it is the area that smells the most like like cow crap (dairy farms).  We call it the smell of money and tourists come in and gag, but the locals rarely even notice.

Hey, I've been to the Tillamook Cheese Factory!

Newport Marathon is a decent enough race. Certainly plenty flat. Not too exciting a course - out & back along the Yaquina River. It's early June, so weather is usually still gloomy on the OR coast (that being a good thing for running), but I bet there have been years when it gets pretty warm. This year it started mid-upper 50s but got into the 60s, and the sun even came out, making the final miles a bit warmer than is ideal.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Another day, another visit to the vet ER.  Gracie somehow used her cone to dislodge her bandage leaving part of her wound exposed so we had to go get her fixed up. At 4am.

It's raining here today but it's a rest day for me. I get to run a whole 30 minutes tomorrow

Ugh, that sucks!!! Our damn furbabies are nothing but trouble....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)