Beginners and Beyond

Lazy Thursdailies (Read 40 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

There is a Bonefish Grill in Miami? I hadn't realized they were a national brand.

Yeah, there are many around here.  I still can't eat there for fear of, you know, dying...

Damaris

DavePNW

I imagine so. I've only done Tuesday and Thursday when I've done them, but I suppose one could double daily depending on the intensity and distance of the runs how much they enjoy doing laundry.

Dave

DavePNW

There is a Bonefish Grill in Miami? I hadn't realized they were a national brand.

Yeppers! We love them. We were just a few miles from one in Novi, and we're about 5 miles from one here. And there's one not far from my parents' place in Boca Raton.

Dave

zzyzx

lat, long pull, seated leg press.

Today was supposed to be the real stair day but the fire alarm went off in my 2nd lap. I kept going for a while but after they started making announcements, I stopped 3/4 into it. It still was over 100 flights of stairs so no one is going to call me lazy other than me.

onemile

According to that marathonfinder website, the Space Coast weather will probably cost me about five minutes compared to my Hartford time last year.  If that is all it costs me, I can live with that.  Space Coast is a faster course, but the heat makes it a slower race.

It probably varies a lot depending on the weather that particular year and that is based on the average..

It says Madison is 1:30 slower than Hartford.

LRB

lat, long pull, seated leg press.

Today was supposed to be the real stair day but the fire alarm went off in my 2nd lap. I kept going for a while but after they started making announcements, I stopped 3/4 into it. It still was over 100 flights of stairs so no one is going to call me lazy other than me.

I totally get it. That sucks.

Baboon

delicate flower

It probably varies a lot depending on the weather that particular year and that is based on the average..

It shows the Space Coast start temp as 72-75 the past three years, so that is what I am bracing for.  But hopefully we'll get "lucky" and the starting temp will be more like 62 like it was in 2013.   I think being an afternoon runner and having a late summer this year will both help me.  I am not that far removed from hot running.

<3

DavePNW

Speaking of weather, how are you feeling?

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

They're headquartered in Tampa.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                          06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

Yo, yo.

I'm thinking of 6-7 later. Legs feeling pretty good after my second day doing doubles...ever. I might to be able to handle doubles up to 3-4 times a week?  I'll shoot for mid 50s, since I was at mid 40s before.

Do your doubles always have one of the two with quality? Or do you sometimes run both times easy?

MTA: Run commute day, which is by definition a double, but is not difficult.

onemile

Speaking of weather, how are you feeling?

Chance of rain decreased so I signed up last night

DavePNW

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Grip it and rip it.

<3

onemile

let's hold the applause for now. Signing up is the easy part.

DavePNW

let's hold the applause for now. Signing up is the easy part.

Seems like it wasn't that easy. Anyway it still merited the applause; saving a gold star for the result.

Dave