Beginners and Beyond

January Miles (Read 52 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

5x per week?

That has yet to be discussed - I was just barely let in on what is coming up.

I suspect a combination of repeats and long alternating paces.     The only thing that I can almost guarantee is that it will involved 7 days a week, with some doubles.   And I have been adding some cycling in now and then for quad strengthening.

Cyberic

Per coach I understand the next phase of training will be something in the neighborhood of 13+ miles of 1 mile at HMP, 1 mile at MP, rinse and repeat until done.  Can you hear my ass dragging already?...

That is insane. 13 miles at HMP is... a half marathon. So youwould essentially run half marathons a few times a week, at race speed save for every other mile where you'll RELAX at MP.

Insane, I tell you.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

That is insane. 13 miles at HMP is... a half marathon. So youwould essentially run half marathons a few times a week, at race speed save for every other mile where you'll RELAX at MP.

Insane, I tell you.

yes - I have trepidation.

Mmmmm...beer

115, my lowest in two years.  But that's ok, cause I'm healthy and ready to get back to work! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

PADRunner

yes - I have trepidation.

Just say NO!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

LRB

115, my lowest in two years.  But that's ok, cause I'm healthy and ready to get back to work! Smile

Meaning, you're going to triple that this month. lol

Brilliant

A disappointing 121 for me due to sickness and injury.  My high months were Sept & Oct, with 169 & 176 miles.  Then I started marathon training and it went down sharply.