Beginners and Beyond

Martin Monday Dailies (Read 21 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

For those who have run in Vegas from major hotels—I assume I’ll just do out & backs on the strip, or is there something better?

I don't think there is anything accessible other than that unless you have a car and can drive to some trails. Each block feels super long so you will have plenty to run.

Damaris

DavePNW

Each block feels super long so you will have plenty to run.

That’s what I figure. I’ve been there a ton of times, DW has two sisters & their families there. But since I’ve been running, I’ve stayed at someone’s house. You’re right about the blocks—I’ve walked the strip plenty, it’s like “oh it’s only two hotels away, but it takes forever. I still want to try to get some kind of workout in, so hopefully not interrupted by too many street crossings. BTW, it’s going to be mid-30s in the morning—colder than here.

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Vegas - I just ran on the strip towards downtown. A little more deserted near downtown which was a little creepy. But, if early enough, wasn't a bad place to run.

DR - sorry about Trixie. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

Docket, so sorry about Trixie.

DavePNW, here are some Vegas runs. FYI, on the stirp, you will need to deal with a lot of GD stairs.

First one, don;t run on The Strip on Saturday afternoon. I went one block over to Paradise Rd and worked back. We were staying at the Flamingo that trip (it sucks, two thumbs down).

Touristing route. Stayed at the MGM. Ran down to the Vegas sign at the south end. then checked out hockey arena, then headed north.

MGM to UNLV campus

MGM to Vegas sign to Raiders stadium

DavePNW

Thanks HCK. It’ll just be Tues-Fri AM, I’m coming home Friday.

Dave

DavePNW

Incidentally I’m flying out of a little tiny airport much closer to home than SeaTac. They fly to a handful of destinations, LV being one of them. It’s like a dream. Uber pickup to gate in less than 30 min. With SeaTac it’s 1:30 minimum and you never know about traffic, how far your gate is, etc. And either Uber or parking are super expensive.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice. Travel safe and don't forget your mask for the flight as Covid is running rampant right now.

Damaris

We had to put Trixie down today. Sad

Came back home and lifted because I didn't want to just sit around sad.

Sorry for your pain.   Back on November 15 had to take our Trixie to the vet and put down that night.

Just hold on to the good

DavePNW

Nice. Travel safe and don't forget your mask for the flight as Covid is running rampant right now.

Just boarded and N95 is securely in place. I can probably count the other maskers on my flight on one hand. My bigger risk however is the thing I’m going to. 

Dave

sdWhiskers

For those who have run in Vegas from major hotels—I assume I’ll just do out & backs on the strip, or is there something better?

I've run the whole length of the Strip, south to the famous sign and north to the old crappy part. It's fairly straightforward in the morning before all the walkways get crowded but later in the day would be challenging. Some amazing people watching and the smell of pot everywhere. I also ran east several miles from maybe the HardRock for a workout. The blocks are huge so like 2 blocks is a mile and very flat. I felt fairly safe except as I got to the older northern part. There are sketchy people everywhere but also good amount of police. Saw multiple fights at like 7am 

sdWhiskers

Just boarded and N95 is securely in place. I can probably count the other maskers on my flight on one hand. My bigger risk however is the thing I’m going to. 

If you're renting a car, the line for the airport shuttle to the rental car place can be ridiculous. But if you're just going to the Strip, no rental car should be needed.

Half Crazy K 2.0

daffy, sorry for your loss. Was she actually in the tree or sitting on something to get to the tree?

sdWhiskers

Incidentally I’m flying out of a little tiny airport much closer to home than SeaTac. They fly to a handful of destinations, LV being one of them. It’s like a dream. Uber pickup to gate in less than 30 min. With SeaTac it’s 1:30 minimum and you never know about traffic, how far your gate is, etc. And either Uber or parking are super expensive.

There's a small airport here too that I think only flies to Vegas. I've only flown out of SAN though. It's my favorite flight, just 45 min!

sdWhiskers

We had to put Trixie down today. Sad

Came back home and lifted because I didn't want to just sit around sad.

Oh man, so sorry. Hugs!

Half Crazy K 2.0

When my parents first moved to Hagerstown, United flew from their airport to Pittsburgh and then they could connect to basically anything. Same thing, no need to get their hours ahead of time, pample free parking, etc. That ended several years ago and now it's just flights to Florida.