Beginners and Beyond

Stupid SaturDAILIES (Read 33 times)

'Morning!  Saturday bike ride complete.  100 miles at 17.5 mph.  It took me 5:44.  Stick a fork in me.  Also, FTS.  No brick run after.  HOORAY!!

Reading that totally wore me out. So I just did 6 really slow miles.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Back from lunch with a friend.  It was super hot when I got there but it's been sort of raining since so now we're just hot as fuck.

LRB, now I'm hungry, grrrr.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Long ass bike ride, Baboon!  Nice!

Damaris

delicate flower

I have this crazy thought in my mind that you're preparing well and that you'll be ready for the Iron Man. NTIWKAAT

Yeah, things are going well.  I am still trying to figure some stuff out, but I feel good.  Tired, but good.  Today was supposed to be an "IM pace" ride.  I probably went a little too easy and slow today, so I'll need to pick up the effort just a hair next time.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Crappy running week as I've been fighting some kind of nasal/really annoying cough stuff.  Got some miles in on Tuesday and Wednesday, very short easy run/walks.  Took off Thursday and Friday, saw the doc on Friday - who said my lungs were clear, so at least I can do my 4th of July 5K, but will probably finish dead last, lol.   Saturday morning, a friend, Karen, my wife Gail, and me went to Fort Sam in the early a.m.   Gail and Karen walked 4 miles; I ended up with a very slow  3.4 miles - bad dog! cuz the doc said no more than 5K distance for a while, uh oh -  and actually felt pretty good, congestion/cough wise, after taking my prescribed meds on Friday.  Leg felt pretty good too.  After the Saturday morning run, we all went to breakfast.  Nice outing with Karen and my wife.  May take tomorrow off before my 5K on Monday; or may go to McAllister Park, which is quite close to my home, and get in a nice and easy shaded trail/run walk.   No more than 5K distance, of course!  OSmile

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

workinprogress11

7 relatively pleasant miles. My sister got tickets for a concert with REO/Def Leppard/Tesla for tonight so I'm going to experience that. Even though 80's music is what I grew up with I don't think it stuck for me. She's bringing snacks, though, so there's that.

7 relatively pleasant miles. My sister got tickets for a concert with REO/Def Leppard/Tesla for tonight so I'm going to experience that. Even though 80's music is what I grew up with I don't think it stuck for me. She's bringing snacks, though, so there's that.

Don't forget to wear your spandex pants, and crimp your hair.

Dave

LRB

A single leg warmer and a double-belt will complete the look.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's the concert we went to a few months ago, except no REO Speedwagon, but it was Styx.  Would've loved seeing REO instead.

Damaris

workinprogress11

The crimped hair comes naturally.  The only spandex I own is running pants. Think that will pass?

Would've loved seeing REO instead.

Gack. Always despised them, even though they were huge BITD, and came from the town where I went to college.

Dave

Cyberic

Bought a running/trail/commute backpack today. A Salomon Agile 20 AW. Comfortable, waterproof, and roomy enough to bring my work clothes, a towel, soap/shampoo...

Now, how many times am I gonna use it? More than twice, I hope. Smile

http://www.salomon.com/us/product/agile-20-aw.html

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Gack. Always despised them, even though they were huge BITD, and came from the town where I went to college.

I really went to see Def Leppard, but really, REO would have been better than Styx.

7 miles with strides done.  Strides at 7:09mm which I have not done in years.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day today.