Beginners and Beyond

You know that I know that you know it's Monday (Read 49 times)

LRB

Hi Dailies.

RD for me, the first of many since I am now on the IR. I will be calling the sports doc for my appointment today. Hopefully it won't take a month just to get in there. We'll see. This time I will be pushing for an MRI.  Dang it.

Knee?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Knee?

Yes sir! The right knee. The pain seems to be right behind the kneecap and sometimes on the left of the kneecap. DW is already talking about another marathon but you can count me out of that, unfortunately.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

5.45 miles run/walk. I wasn't sure how it would go - after my 10 minute walking warm-up, the first couple run intervals hurt my knee, and I cut them short. Then I started to focus more on my body positioning, and either that or just being warmed up a bit more did the trick. I am working on staying more upright, rather than hunched over like granny with her walker, thinking about being pulled forward from the hips, body over my feet, shorter strides and landing with knees slightly bent. Even with a 4:1 run/walk pattern, a couple of my miles were just under 11:00, so I'm feeling good about things.

Nice job.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi Dailies.

RD for me, the first of many since I am now on the IR. I will be calling the sports doc for my appointment today. Hopefully it won't take a month just to get in there. We'll see. This time I will be pushing for an MRI.  Dang it.

good luck

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Yes sir! The right knee. The pain seems to be right behind the kneecap and sometimes on the left of the kneecap. DW is already talking about another marathon but you can count me out of that, unfortunately.

Runners knee?  Patella pain I would think, I'm sure you have read about it already.  I had far more issues running with far less miles prior to getting a coach. The core of all my work has been form.

http://m.runnersworld.com/injury-treatment/taking-it-kneecap?page=single

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I don't know, are you sure?

Couldn't sleep so I decided that was my body telling me to move around a bit and then try again.  But the alarm goes off in less than an hour now.  Boo!  Back to bed!  RD #! for me. Smile

MTA: Here is a video my husband took of me around mile 16-17 yesterday.  I had almost gotten hit by that huge sprinkler you see in the background, and you get to hear me calling the farmer an asshole.   Still running pretty easy, although as I go by I can see that my shoulders are hunched, which I definitely do when I get fatigued.

Yup, but something we all struggle with!

Great job ( I started feeling and looking like hell around that mile mark)

Cyberic

Ouch. Heal well Jack.

YugoAgain

Good and happy Monday, Dailies!

I ran 8 yesterday and then wasted my time with the most ridiculous yoga class.  I wanted to leave but didn't want to be rude.

LRB

Good and happy Monday, Dailies!

I ran 8 yesterday and then wasted my time with the most ridiculous yoga class.  I wanted to leave but didn't want to be rude.

I have never been to one and from what I have seen of them never will. lol Funny too that almost everyone I know (or a lot of people) swear by it.

LRB

Yeah get yourself right man, this has gone on much too long.

Baboon

delicate flower

Frustrating.  Keep us posted, Klompus.

<3

LRB

I don't know, are you sure?

Couldn't sleep so I decided that was my body telling me to move around a bit and then try again.  But the alarm goes off in less than an hour now.  Boo!  Back to bed!  RD #! for me. Smile

MTA: Here is a video my husband took of me around mile 16-17 yesterday.  I had almost gotten hit by that huge sprinkler you see in the background, and you get to hear me calling the farmer an asshole.   Still running pretty easy, although as I go by I can see that my shoulders are hunched, which I definitely do when I get fatigued.

That is pretty cool. I am a fuckin mess during the marathon and shudder at the thought of what it would look like on video!

DavePNW

Hi Dailies.

Ugh.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is pretty cool. I am a fuckin mess during the marathon and shudder at the thought of what it would look like on video!

I had 7 videos during the Paris Marathon.  Apparently, I run stupid.  Ugh.

Damaris

cjones1

Flew to Tampa for work this morning.  It's friggin hot here. Why would anybody run in this mess.  Smile. I might hit the hotel TM if I can get away from the work socializing that I despise anyway.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)