Beginners and Beyond

Fun news about Mike Rossi, Boston Marathon viral dad and (likely) BQ cheater (Read 168 times)

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

also says "Is anyone faster than Mike?" NAH

Can't believe he made it for himself

happylily

also says "Is anyone faster than Mike?" NAH

Can't believe he made it for himself

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL.

He deleted his posts on the Dopey Challenge after we mocked him by asking if he had been drunk posting.  No further sightings since yesterday.  The memes are awesome.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

All the photo stalking going on with this makes me wonder something, are the official photographers for the bigger races put in certain locations for proof? Here's what got me thinking. The Baltimore marathon route joins the half for the last 10 miles.  If you wanted to cut just under 1.5 miles off the course, you could skip running around Lake Montebello--just pull to the left, act like you are tying your shoe and then continue on 33rd Street. However, Marathonfoto is always at the end of the loop around the lake. Gets me thinking this may be intentional.

I also wonder if Marathonfoto is somewhere in miles 9-12 of the full (I've only ever done the half).  It would be really easy to cut this part off too, especially when you get the traffic of full marathoners heading out to that loop and half marathoners trying to cross the street to get to the start (lots going on, probably be pretty easy to slip across the street).  This is one of the dumber race set ups ever. Let's have the main pack of full marathoners running on the road the the half marathoners have to cross in order to get to the start line. 

RSX

Baystate here in MA is always in the top 10 fastest course lists. It's flat but also has just 4 mats all near each other. I'm getting a BQ in October!! Don't ask don't tell is my new motto.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I only got 5 pictures from the Paris Marathon but there were around 45K runners.  I did see the 6 videos on different parts of the course and I can identify myself in all of them.  I assume if there had been video cameras like that, it would be easy to see if he is there or not.  Mostly not.

Damaris

LRB

last one, I promise

Why limit yourself? If it makes you laugh, make us laugh. Yo.

Cyberic

A few video cams, like D said, + the Marathonfoto people + the timing mats + anti-cheat fences + armed security guards everywhere a course can be cut... marathon registration prices are gonna skyrocket!

Cyberic

Maybe a refundable GPS chip in the bib would solve all of this.

happylily

A few video cams, like D said, + the Marathonfoto people + the timing mats + anti-cheat fences + armed security guards everywhere a course can be cut... marathon registration prices are gonna skyrocket!

LOL... Let's shoot 'em cheaters! 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Marine Corps Marathon had armed security along the first few miles on the overpasses and sniper teams on the building roofs.

(And all that other...)

Birdwell

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL... Let's shoot 'em cheaters! 

Maybe they can shoot them with paint so a specific color indicates people seen cutting the course.  That way, we could all yell cheater when we see them run by us.

Damaris

Cyberic

That's a pretty good idea, snipers shooting cheaters with paint guns.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

All fun and games until a bystander takes one in the eye.   Paintballs being notoriously horrible as accurate projectiles...

I think public shaming of everyone until there is a fear of any posting would do well to cut down on any non-conformists.