Beginners and Beyond

Guess what day it is WEDNESDAY! (Read 42 times)

sdWhiskers

All this bib/medal talk.  Hubs got me one of those display your medal things for my birthday.  I don't want to be ungrateful, but it's so not me to put that shit on the wall.  I don't really understand where he was coming from when he got it for me, a grand total of zero medals are out where you can see them at my house, and while I do have two pinned on my corkboard at work, that's 2.  Out of like 20 or 30.  Not my thing.  And he found "the best place to hang it," which is in my bathroom and I don't want to clutter it up with a bunch of crap.  It was thoughtful, but not really if you think about it all the way through, because at some point you should come to the question, "Huh, I wonder why she doesn't hang them up?"  Then maybe ask.  Because the answer is, I'm just not into it.  Mmmkay.  Rant over.

My sister made me one a few months ago so I hung it up in the bedroom where it's just for me to see. It's nothing fancy but has room for plenty of medals. Now at least one morning a week, while I'm stumbling around in the dark trying to get dressed to run, I bang into it and it jingle-jangles super loud and DH curses at it. LOL

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LM my marathon medals are in my office. In one of those.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

I also have a medal holder/hanger thingy. But I'm not officially hanging it up til we get our basement finished.

RunningOnSand

Let's just say I'm not a professional engraver.

LOL

DavePNW

I saw this at the expo. Is it only for Boston medals, or can you use it for others? You’ve got to run a lot of Bostons to fill that up.

Dave

DavePNW

Actually a guy in my corral was running his 25th straight. Guess he'd need a couple of those things. He said that based on this, his qualifying time is now 6:00.

Dave

LRB

No website is forever so while Athlinks is ok, I like having the bibs. I've never really added anything to the RA log besides the fact that it's a race. Heck, I don't even track mileage on my shoes!

I do not have all of the medals and event shirts I've collected over the years but I have every bib. I toss them in a box. Not sure I'll ever get around to organizing them but I would rather have them than not.

The milage tracker is a wonderful tool but like anything else not a prerequisite for anything. If you're not missing out then you're not missing out. 👍

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I throw away the bibs even before I get to the car or hotel. Never kept the first few so i can’t start now. My head would explode.

Damaris

LRB

Because the answer is, I'm just not into it.  

That was me until I moved into a new place and someone convinced me that I should put some of that crap up. It's tastefully done on a wall that's about 2 feet wide and has some of the more important bling I've earned and a couple of photos, including a magazine cover that I think is way over the top but everyone compliments it so it's still hanging ffs. 

There is no way in hades I would hang everything I have but I wouldn't judge someone who did/does. It's all good, whatever you like, even nothing.

GinnyinPA

I throw away the bibs even before I get to the car or hotel. Never kept the first few so i can’t start now. My head would explode.

I started to keep the bibs in a drawer, but the drawer got too crowded so I tossed them all. Medals are on the wall in the basement in front of the TM. I don't run many races so I don't actually have that many. A few are ridiculously large though and take up a lot of room.

Baboon

delicate flower

I jogged 4.1 miles. My legs are destroyed.

<3

Runshortii

Cyberic - congrats on the raise! That’s awesome

SRD for me. I like my 6 day stretch off every 3 weeks, but my first day back to work I’m always dragging.

i keep all my bibs in a folder. I hang my medals on this piece of artwork on the wall that is perfect for hanging stuff lol. I’ve thought about getting a real medal hanger

onemile

Ran 3 with Mr. O.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Medals are on hooks on the doors in our guest room/gym. AG medals on one door, finisher ones on  the other. I did hang a finishers certificate in the downstairs bathroom (where we have the diplomas hanging). DH has lots of certifcates up there as well, I needed something.

Here is what a non-professional engraved medal looks like. The other is one I took a print out and was able to fold it to fit. Too bad the advertised HM was 12.98 miles.

Cyberic