Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies off from everything! (Read 35 times)

5.2 interval format, could feel the adhesions but not sore; better than last Thursday when I had to stop a 2.1 and go do hill  repeats.

DavePNW

Forecast

Sunday night: low 50, 80% chance of rain, thunder possible. Wind SE 10-20 mph.

Monday: high 65, 90% chance of rain early, thundershowers developing in the afternoon. Wind SSW 15-25 mph.

Tuesday: perfect marathoning weather. 

Dave

onemile

Forecast

Sunday night: low 50, 80% chance of rain, thunder possible. Wind SE 10-20 mph.

Monday: high 65, 90% chance of rain early, thundershowers developing in the afternoon. Wind SSW 15-25 mph.

Tuesday: perfect marathoning weather. 

It still might shift.

But it looks like you def won't need those long sleeves (or a jacket) if the starting temps are in the upper 50's.

DavePNW

It still might shift.

But it looks like you def won't need those long sleeves (or a jacket) if the starting temps are in the upper 50's.

Yeah. I'll still have a throwaway jacket for the village, but now I'm kind of worried about my shoes & socks getting soaked before the race even starts. I guess some people bring throwaway shoes, or put bags over the ones they're wearing, but all that seems like a lot of trouble.

Dave

onemile

Yeah. I'll still have a throwaway jacket for the village, but now I'm kind of worried about my shoes & socks getting soaked before the race even starts. I guess some people bring throwaway shoes, or put bags over the ones they're wearing, but all that seems like a lot of trouble.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to bring 2 plastic grocery bags to put on your feet but there's a pretty high chance they'll be soaked shortly into the race anyway.

sdWhiskers

But you'll be at the village for hours before the race, right? Seems like you'll want to be as dry as possible for those hours. I would totally wear poncho and cheap rubber boots.

Hip Redux

I heard athletes village turned into a mud pit last year so throw away shoes might be worth it

Runshortii

I have 4 to do, I’m running a 10K in the morning.

with rain two years in a row I’m bound to have nice weather for Boston 2020 right?  It’ll probably be a blizzard or 80 degrees instead...

DavePNW

I heard athletes village turned into a mud pit last year so throw away shoes might be worth it

Yeah I heard the same, which is why I started thinking about it. Just thinking how much of a hassle it will be to be changing shoes and whatnot.

Dave

DavePNW

I have 4 to do, I’m running a 10K in the morning.

with rain two years in a row I’m bound to have nice weather for Boston 2020 right?  It’ll probably be a blizzard or 80 degrees instead...

It's never too early to start weather stalking.

Dave

onemile

with rain two years in a row I’m bound to have hot weather for Boston 2020 right?  

fyp 

KCRuns

I would at least take an extra pair of dry socks.  Wear the throwaway pair and keep your good wool running socks dry to put on right before the start.

RunningOnSand

But you'll be at the village for hours before the race, right? Seems like you'll want to be as dry as possible for those hours. I would totally wear poncho and cheap rubber boots.

+1

I ran 5 on the TM. b/c we've still been having this snow/rain nonsense. Which translates to slushy and/or icy roads. Lame, I'm supposed to run a 15k tomorrow morning, but if it's icy, FTS.

DavePNW

Checked in for my flight online. In case anyone's keeping track.

Dave

Cyberic

Btw, I asked a friend of mine who will run his 11th Boston and he says there is coffee and hot chocolate in the athlete's village