Beginners and Beyond

Non-Rest WednesDailies? (Read 16 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

My son is working as a "coach" for the local Y's running program (really, he's there to help keep an eye on the kids and keep them safe) and he's working tonight at a track in the middle of a park with a 2½ mile running path.  Rather than take my usual rest day, I may go with him and run a couple laps of the loop while he's working.  The weather should be nice for that.  We'll see how I feel tonight.

What do other folks have going on today?

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 3 after work.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Hey-oh!!  I had a tidy little 4 mile tempo run this morning.  Averaged a 6:42 pace, which was nice.  My legs were kind of achy going into it but felt fine once I got going.

I think we're close enough to Monday that the weather forecast is probably more accurate than not.  Looks like Boston will be a little warmer than ideal (high of 62 for my running), but that "heat" will be offset by a 15 mph tailwind.  For Boston, I'll take it.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles with 8x3min 10k effort. I had to throw out my socks post run because both got holes in them. I had gotten a bunch of Balegas before the pandemic and they are now wearing out.

Baboon,  compared to some years, that's not awful.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

The NYC Marathon used to be in October but after a series of warm races, the moved it back to the first weekend of November.  Now they've had two warm years in a row, which is probably not enough to make a case yet for pushing it back again, but if the trend continues, I can see the race happening in mid-November one day.

That poses an interesting question for Boston.  As things get warmer in early April, will they be wiling to give up their traditional Patriot's Day date in order to have a better chance of avoiding weather that's too warm?

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Half Crazy K 2.0

Fred. I would think Boston has as much chance to be cold as it does 75 and sunny. Yay, east coast unpredictable spring weather. The late start definitely doesn't help if it's warm.

Baboon

delicate flower

That poses an interesting question for Boston.  As things get warmer in early April, will they be wiling to give up their traditional Patriot's Day date in order to have a better chance of avoiding weather that's too warm?

It seems that Boston is cold and rainy more often than it is warm.  This year we're talking about 10 degrees warmer than I'd like....it's not like it's going to be 80-90 degrees.

I missed a great opportunity when I ran Dallas in December.  It was 35 degrees with no humidity.  But, I was coming off an injury and was sick.  Not much I could do about that.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The NYC Marathon used to be in October but after a series of warm races, the moved it back to the first weekend of November.  Now they've had two warm years in a row, which is probably not enough to make a case yet for pushing it back again, but if the trend continues, I can see the race happening in mid-November one day.

They should start considering these changes before it becomes a super hot race. All of them.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Just 3 miles for me.

I can't imagine running a marathon with a start time of 11am. Even if it better aligns with my West Coast biological clock.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

5k for me today.

I started NYC at 11ish, we were in the last wave obviously,  and I was hungry before I started because I didn't realize I would need to eat lunch prior to the start. Breakfast had long since burned off. I was fairly new to running at the time and never thought to take that into consideration. Lol. And by the time we finished it was dark. I definitely prefer an earlier start.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**