Beginners and Beyond

Soupy Sundailies (Read 37 times)

DavePNW

Slightly more favorable than what my current PR was run in.  At least we'll have tailwind, and let's hope for some rain.

When it gets over 60, I turn into a pumpkin. 

Dave

Cyberic

There are!  There is a 50/100 miler in Key west in May!  WTF. Every year they talk about the heat indexes in the 90-100s. Maybe if they move it to February they wouldn’t?  My 50K was in Jupiter, an hour North of me and 88F was the high that day. FTS. Next ultra I’ll plan an out of state one.

I'm reading a book "Running Home" about a runner who discovers ultras and blablabla. The thing is, with ultras, there is a crowd, a community or whatever you want to call them, who look for the toughest races out there. So Florida in May is better than in February,  maybe.

Cyberic

Boston weather: although far from perfect, it will be better than the last few years (although debatable): tail wind, the rain will lower the effect of the heat.

What was the wind like in 2016 LRB, do you remember? I don't remember it bothering me. The sun, on the other hand... It was nice weather for getting a tan in Athlete's Village

sdWhiskers

I've done that, usually at Carrabba's. 👍

I ate there once in my life, to carb up night before a 10 mile race. I basically barfed for 12 hours straight and needed iv fluid from the ER. I'll never eat there again. DH was fine so probably not Carrabas fault but still.

DavePNW

I'm reading a book "Running Home" about a runner who discovers ultras and blablabla. 

OMG I can’t imagine anything I’d less want to read. It sounds like a Personal Journey.

Dave

RunningOnSand

I ate there once in my life, to carb up night before a 10 mile race. I basically barfed for 12 hours straight and needed iv fluid from the ER. I'll never eat there again. DH was fine so probably not Carrabas fault but still.

Once you get sick off something, it's nearly impossible to eat said food again. The association itself is enough to make you want to start puking again.

That's crazy how much the forecast has changed for Boston. I'll be looking forward to cheering you guys on!

LRB

Boston weather: although far from perfect, it will be better than the last few years (although debatable): tail wind, the rain will lower the effect of the heat.

What was the wind like in 2016 LRB, do you remember? I don't remember it bothering me. The sun, on the other hand... It was nice weather for getting a tan in Athlete's Village

I had no issues with the wind. My face on the other hand, was burnt to a black ass piece of crunchy dried out toast!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ha. Me too and I am used to hot temps. But can’t run a good race worth shit in anything above 70F. 60 is to me too hot for marathons.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm reading a book "Running Home" about a runner who discovers ultras and blablabla. The thing is, with ultras, there is a crowd, a community or whatever you want to call them, who look for the toughest races out there. So Florida in May is better than in February,  maybe.

Yeah for some, the heat and humidity is one aspect of how hard it can be. BTDT so my next will be the easiest one I can find in all aspects. No sand dunes, np heat and humidity please. I am already struggling to exist without all that shit.

Damaris

LRB

Sort of disagree with that. What you ate could have totally been not properly stored/handled or whatever. The body just doesn't reject food because it doesn't want it. Something was wrong with what you ate and the body said get that shit outta here!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah and just because DH didn’t get sick does not mean there wasn’t something wrong with it.

I got sick during the Disney Marathon last time after eating at one particular restaurant. No one else got sick that night.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

BTW, I have already put 134 miles on the Nike Vaporfly 4% (all except one easy run have been for 5K through MP workouts).  They still feel as good as new which surprises me since most people say they are good for 100-150 miles.

Damaris

LRB

BTW, I have already put 134 miles on the Nike Vaporfly 4% (all except one easy run have been for 5K through MP workouts).  They still feel as good as new which surprises me since most people say they are good for 100-150 miles.

Well, in that case you've got 16 miles left. Use them shrewdly...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ha. Most people notice the plate not being bouncy by 100 miles. I am way past that without a change. We shall see how many I can put in them.

I also have other pairs waiting to be used so no biggie. But those are reserved for marathons.  It pays to be a Maniac, the discounts for shoes alone pay for the membership 10 times over.

Damaris

onemile

Either way, you will be a pumpkin running the BOSTON MARATHON!