Beginners and Beyond

Mayweather vs Pacquiao (Read 49 times)

delicate flower

I can't remember the last time I watched a boxing match.

Same here.  I've actually thought about it and can't think of one.  I'd watch the big title fights if the sport made themselves more available, but I'm not shelling out the money for PPV.  The sport is almost irrelevant now in the sports landscape and you'd think they'd be trying to reach wider audiences.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

In PR, boxing is a big deal.  We always watch the matches.

Damaris

LRB

In PR, boxing is a big deal.  We always watch the matches.

It is here as well (Michigan), it's just that sport has fallen completely off the map in terms of what it once was, where prize fights were must-see-TV. It's a shame really.

RSX

I plan on watching it when Showtime shows it later if they still do that

Hip Redux

LRB

Cyberic

I dunno what it is people don't like about Mayweather, and what people actually expected of yesterday's fight. To me, all logic has been respected.

I dunno what it is people don't like about Mayweather, and what people actually expected of yesterday's fight. To me, all logic has been respected.

Um, the domestic violence maybe?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL.  It was a boring fight, really.

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

or general douchbaggery - including stiffing service staff tips on a 25k comped hotel package.

Ric-G

i saw it...yawn... i would not have seen it if i had been with you folks on the east coast...9pm was late enough for me...

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

My disdain for him stems from the fact that he is a fathead blabber mouth who talks too fuckin much, and not much else. While I understand that this is inherent to the sport, those that came before him Hearns, Hagler, Leonard, Camacho, Mancini, Bramble (to name a few) fought during a time when the competition was much more daunting than the tomato cans he has beaten, and thus earned the right to talk smack because they were competing against champions.

Add to that he made excuse after excuse to have this fight during a time when Manny was at his peak and that is pretty much the cherry on top of the Floyd Mayweather can bite me cake. lol

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

My disdain for him stems from the fact that he is a fathead blabber mouth who talks too fuckin much, and not much else. While I understand that this is inherent to the sport, those that came before him Hearns, Hagler, Leonard, Camacho, Mancini, Bramble (to name a few) fought during a time when the competition was much more daunting than the tomato cans he has beaten, and thus earned the right to talk smack because they were competing against champions.

Add to that he made excuse after excuse to have this fight during a time when Manny was at his peak and that is pretty much the cherry on top of the Floyd Mayweather can bite me cake. lol

This - generally about sport that supports braggards.

I want MMA now and then and there are quite a few very good fighters, that I despise, just because of the arrogance and asshattery.

**shit talking to get under the others skin and promote mistakes during a fight is a fine line.