Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: The miles aren't going to run themselves (Read 37 times)

RunningOnSand

I think it was when I turned 40, and started to feel my own mortality a little, I decided I wanted to try not to have a heart attack like all the other men in my family like to do when they hit a certain age. That was when I started to do some cardio, and tried to eat healthier. That was back when people thought saturated fat and cholesterol were the enemy, and no one cared about carbs. So I cut that stuff way, way back. I have gotten a bit more relaxed about some things in recent years, but a lot of it remains completely out of my diet. I would love to drop 5 lb before my my next marathon too, which I've been saying about every marathon, but I realize my problem is carbs, which I'm not ready to cut back on. That and just sheer volume of food. I may burn >1000 cals/day running, but I seem to have no problem making up for that, and more.

Twinsies. Although I don't run nearly the volume you do. #goals You're not gaining weight, though, right? Sounds like you're just maintaining.

What I have also noticed, is how I feel after I eat certain foods--which, I never used to notice before, or my body wasn't as sensitive or something. Now, when I eat like crap, I really feel like crap. I was super disciplined before the IMM and felt awesome--time to get back at it.

Cyberic

I mostly eat very healthy. The woman is not like me, and she doesn't run, so if we eat like shit, she'll ... ya know.

I can eat crap food and not think twice about it. I'm not going to gain weight from it. But I do feel better when I don't. Plus, it tastes good once in a while, but not too much. A few months back, I went for three days out of town with my daughter. The woman wasn't around, so we were hopping from one junk food place to the other, and having a blast. After two days of this, we couldn't stand it anymore. Even if we were changing restaurants, it's like we were always eating the same thing.

Half Crazy K 2.0

After reading about forms of fried potatoes covered in stuff, you all have me craving Dune Fries. Fries with cheddar, jack, bacon & green onions dipped in ranch dressing. This pic also shows fiery fingers. Now I'm going to have to plan a race around getting close to the Cottage Cafe at the beach, the only place left to get them. There was one across the road from my college, this picture is pretty much my normal Friday dinner for my last 2 years in school, although I'd probably have a mixed drink cause Heineken is gross.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Extra kudos for the Heineken. Smile

Damaris