Beginners and Beyond

2015 3M Austin Half Marathon - RR (Read 62 times)

Great job, Sly.  That is an incredibly fast field, is there big prize money offered?

The burger looks delicious!

Best of luck on training to get that elusive sub-1:20.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Thanks Cyber and Scotty!

Yes weather was very nice...  the morning sun on that mile+ section *SUCKED*...  I don't think I would have had that much of a fade if I could have relaxed and focused ahead.  (Still wouldnt have caught up though)

Lily

Much appreciated - I wish I was as impressed with my racing as you are.  I see so much error, fault and weakness in myself, especially as compared to many of these other RRs that I read. I am learning (I think)!

2016 Boston should be a hoot! and with a lot of training and discipline a PR.  Wink

(assuming a BQ -8 is sufficient to get me in - otherwise I need another Marathon soonish and do better. )

Jay

No prize money in this race - just competition.

Yes it was, but the appetizer and brew really stole the show.

Yes, I will need it - V-dot testing says I am there by more than a couple of minutes - but legs, mind and execution have to all come together to even get close. I have come to find out I am really a middle distance runner - so the HM at that pace might be out of my wheelhouse no matter what I do.  But it doesn't mean I wont go for it!

LRB

I have come to find out I am really a middle distance runner

Welcome to the club my brother.  It is an important step in coming to realize this and it removes an incredible load of pissed offness after a performance we probably should be proud off.

But it doesn't mean I wont go for it!

'Atta boy! 

tracilynn

Enjoyed your RR. Congrats on a strong race and PR. surprising there is no prize $ with a fast field like that.

~~~~~~~

Traci