Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 31 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Quote from DavePNW on 2/24/2017 at 10:37 AM:

It's now 10 weeks till my originally scheduled marathon (not officially registered), and I'm kind of nowhere. Thinking I may need to bag it. Not to mention the HM I was originally planning on doing a week from now.

Pretty much ditto for me for a 10k and half marathon next month. And things were just starting to crank up. Blah. 

My DNS marathon is tomorrow.  I think I'll try to run half of that, then eat a lot and drink an extra beer.

Runner with a riding problem.

DavePNW

My DNS marathon is tomorrow.  I think I'll try to run half of that, then eat a lot and drink an extra beer.

It's a rough season on the B&B. 

I boxed up the Ravennas and put them in my car this morning; I need to try to stop at the store to return them on the way home from work today. I am afraid if I don't do this quickly enough, I will be tempted to try running in them again.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

It's a rough season on the B&B. 

It's like the walking dead up in here.  You, PR, DR, LRB....who am I missing?

ETA marathons are bad for you.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'm now worried what the course looks like for my 10 mile race Sunday. It was described as hilly, challenging and difficult. Yikes.

Runshortii

7 miles in a cold dreary drizzle.  I really didn't want to run today, but after a few miles it wasn't bad at all

No more marathons

4 easy today.

Schedule has 12 tomorrow.  that will be my highest since about this time last year, and  I think it will give me my highest weekly in three years.

Hope I make it.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Cyberic

Commute out and back

LRB

4 easy today.

Schedule has 12 tomorrow.  that will be my highest since about this time last year, and  I think it will give me my highest weekly in three years.

Hope I make it.

You sound like you're going bear hunting with a stick. Come on man, slay that beast!

LRB

7 miles in a cold dreary drizzle.  I really didn't want to run today, but after a few miles it wasn't bad at all

Looks like that crap is heading my way. 👎

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 with an hour at a faster than easy pace.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

4 miles @ the super fast pace of 13mm.  LOL. I can't complain because I was doing 14+mm last Sunday so getting faster the more I do this shit.

The PT did cupping on my hamstring (ouchie) and the ITB (fucking ouch).  The ITB consists of having the cup at the top of the ITB, then move all the way down and up several times.  Like a stick but much more painful.  I need to do this again for sure.

Damaris

LRB

8 with an hour at a faster than easy pace.

Is your race a PR attempt this weekend, or are you using it as some kind of training run?

LRB

4 miles @ the super fast pace of 13mm.  LOL. I can't complain because I was doing 14+mm last Sunday so getting faster the more I do this shit.

The PT did cupping on my hamstring (ouchie) and the ITB (fucking ouch).  The ITB consists of having the cup at the top of the ITB, then move all the way down and up several times.  Like a stick but much more painful.  I need to do this again for sure.

Are there pics of this somewhere I'm guessing?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Is your race a PR attempt this weekend, or are you using it as some kind of training run?

It's a 10 miler. The only other race I did at that distance was during an excessive heat warning, so I paced it to not die. I should be able to better that (1:46). Not sure that I can better the 10 mile split from my half PR. I'll see how I feel. Because it's a club members only race, it's a pretty fast field--as in 10:30 pace puts you in the bottom 1/4, so I may try to pick it up.

LRB

It's a 10 miler. The only other race I did at that distance was during an excessive heat warning, so I paced it to not die. I should be able to better that (1:46). Not sure that I can better the 10 mile split from my half PR. I'll see how I feel. Because it's a club members only race, it's a pretty fast field--as in 10:30 pace puts you in the bottom 1/4, so I may try to pick it up.

Awesome! Go show them bitches you mean business.